* Re: Re: installing context with tetex
       [not found] <vines.sxdD+,lklzA@SZKOM.BFS.DE>
@ 2003-11-28 19:52 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2003-11-28 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 WHarms@bfs.de wrote:

> i run a vaniall SuSE 9.0 and have installed: tetex-2.0.2-48
> There is no 'texexec':(

Hello Walter,
tetex is perhaps not enough. Did you install te_cont, te_etex and te_pdf?
Especially te_cont!
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/
------------------------------------

* Re: Re: installing context with tetex
@ 2003-12-02  8:59 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-12-02  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 09:30 02/12/2003, you wrote:
>Hi patrick,
>just to explain WHY i got confused. I was looking at knuth.tex as a simple
>example. An *this* example contains no \startX or \stopX . So i got the
>impression that contex may not need them.

Hello World \end

would be Knuthian; this works ok in context, but, in many cases multiple
passes are needed and this triggered by \starttext .. \stoptext

Hans

* Re: Re: installing context with tetex
@ 2003-12-02  8:30 Walter Harms
From: Walter Harms @ 2003-12-02  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi patrick,
just to explain WHY i got confused. I was looking at knuth.tex as a simple
example. An *this* example contains no \startX or \stopX . So i got the
impression that contex may not need them.
And when you see the examples in  "typesetting flow charts" no hint either.
It would enought to add
\starttext
\FLOWchart[grid]
\stoptext
on page 2. Then you have a (working) example; problem solved.

btw: any document describing something should have a complet working example.
when you start with something totaly new, you have no ide where to look for an
error. a simple typo can cause havoc distracing you from the real problem.

regards,
wh

From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-11-28  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 09:50 28/11/2003, you wrote:

>google tells me pdfetex is something like pdftex (what i have installed)
>can i use that ?

indeed, te better one, actually, pdfetex should be on each system that
comes with pdftex

Hans

* Re: Re: installing context with tetex
@ 2003-11-28  8:50 Walter Harms
From: Walter Harms @ 2003-11-28  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi tobias,
i run a vaniall SuSE 9.0 and have installed: tetex-2.0.2-48
There is no 'texexec':(

ls /usr/bin/tex*
/usr/bin/tex        /usr/bin/texdoctk  /usr/bin/texhash      /usr/bin/texlinks
/usr/bin/texconfig  /usr/bin/texfind   /usr/bin/texi2pdf     /usr/bin/text2sf
/usr/bin/texdoc     /usr/bin/texfont   /usr/bin/texinfo2man

ok i have created a texexec

#!/bin/sh
perl $(kpsewhich -progname=context -format='other text files' texexec.pl) ${1+"$@"}

that fails with