From: "William D. Neumann" <wneumann@cs.unm.edu>
Subject: Wrapping around footnotes
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 13:09:43 -0700 (MST)	[thread overview]

I'm preparing a paper in two column format, and I'm having issues with
footnotes in one column affecting the text in the other column because the
text in the other column stops at the same spot as the text in the column
with the footnote rather than typsetting down to the bottom of the page.

For example, I am currently getting:

blah, blah, blah1    yammer, yammer, yammer
blah, blah, blah     yammer, yammer, yammer
blah, blah, blah     yammer, yammer, yammer
blah, blah, blah     yammer, yammer, yammer
blah, blah, blah     yammer, yammer, yammer
------
1 footnote text
here. footnote
text here.
footnote text here.

Instead of this (which I want)

blah, blah, blah1    yammer, yammer, yammer
blah, blah, blah     yammer, yammer, yammer
blah, blah, blah     yammer, yammer, yammer
blah, blah, blah     yammer, yammer, yammer
blah, blah, blah     yammer, yammer, yammer
------               yammer, yammer, yammer
1 footnote text      yammer, yammer, yammer
here. footnote       yammer, yammer, yammer
text here.           yammer, yammer, yammer
footnote text here.  yammer, yammer, yammer

How can this be done?  I've tried playing with the various setup commands
for columns and footnotes, but nothing seems to work.  Any help is
appreciated.

William D. Neumann

---

"Well I could be a genius, if I just put my mind to it.
And I...I could do anything, if only I could get 'round to it.
Oh we were brought up on the space-race, now they expect you to clean toilets.
When you've seen how big the world is, how can you make do with this?
If you want me, I'll be sleeping in - sleeping in throughout these glory days."

	-- Jarvis Cocker