* Eeeep!  m-bib/bibtex stopped working
@ 2004-01-20 19:29 William D. Neumann
From: William D. Neumann @ 2004-01-20 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

For some reason I cannot get bibtex to create my bibliography files for a
paper typeset in context with m-bib.  When I run bibtex, I get the
following error.

[231] 10:25AM% bibtex clarifyingObfuscation_ctx
~/Sandia/52597/Whitebox/pureWhite/current
This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.5.2)
The top-level auxiliary file: clarifyingObfuscation_ctx.aux
I couldn't open style file cont-no.bst
---line 2 of file clarifyingObfuscation_ctx.aux
 : \bibstyle{cont-no
 :                  }
I'm skipping whatever remains of this command
I found no style file---while reading file clarifyingObfuscation_ctx.aux
(There were 2 error messages)

The aux file contais just the following three lines:
\citation{*}
\bibstyle{cont-no}
\bibdata{crypto}

And the m-bib setup lines I am using are as follows:
\def\brnum#1%
     {[#1]}
\usemodule[bib]
\setupbibtex[database=crypto] % use crypto.bib
%\setuppublications[alternative=aps] % you don't have the 'aps' choice,
yet
\setuppublications[numbering=yes,refcommand=num,numbercommand=\brnum]
\setuppublicationlist[author=\normalauthor,
                      artauthor=\normalauthor,
                      editor=\normalauthor,
                      surnamesep=,
                      namesep={, },
                      finalnamesep={, },
                      lastnamesep={, },
                      firstnamesep=\ ]

I have tried copying the *.bst files into the working directory, which did
not work (I get the exact same error from bibtex).  Bibtex runs just fine
on my latex typeset files, so it is not a problem with bibtex itself.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

William D. Neumann

---

"Well I could be a genius, if I just put my mind to it.
And I...I could do anything, if only I could get 'round to it.
Oh we were brought up on the space-race, now they expect you to clean toilets.
When you've seen how big the world is, how can you make do with this?
If you want me, I'll be sleeping in - sleeping in throughout these glory days."

	-- Jarvis Cocker

* Re: Eeeep!  m-bib/bibtex stopped working
@ 2004-01-21 12:12 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2004-01-21 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: wneumann

Hi,

Files don't *normally* disappear on you, so almost certainly something
has changed in your TeX setup. Perhaps you re-installed something
and forgot to re-run mktexlsr? Or perhaps an enviroment variable that
has been changed?

Greetings, Taco

--
groeten,

Taco

* Re: Eeeep!  m-bib/bibtex stopped working
@ 2004-01-21 17:15   ` William D. Neumann
From: William D. Neumann @ 2004-01-21 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Files don't *normally* disappear on you, so almost certainly something
> has changed in your TeX setup. Perhaps you re-installed something
> and forgot to re-run mktexlsr? Or perhaps an enviroment variable that
> has been changed?

OK, I have no idea how this happened, but somehow my *.bst files were all
renamed to *.bst.bst -- this was the problem.  How I missed this yesterday
is also unknown (I guess I was tired and cross-eyed at that point...).

I've always said the best time to debug is first thing in the morning
after a good breakfast.  I guess I was right...

Thanks again.

William D. Neumann

---