* paragraphs in starttables
@ 2005-02-14 16:33 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-02-14 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
while playing around with starttables, footnotes and paragraphs in
starttables, I found some problems. Here is the first one, I would like to
get a paragraph in 2 columns:

\def\SomeText{\dorecurse{20}{hallo }}
\starttext
\starttables[s1|p(13em)|l|p(13em)|]
\VL \SomeText \VL xxx \VL \SomeText \postponefootnotes\footnote{a footnote}
\VL \AR
\VL \SomeText \VL
\TWO{Not ok, since too much distance to the line at the left.}\VL\AR
\VL \SomeText \VL xxx \VL \SomeText \VL \AR
\stoptables
\stoptext

\def\SomeText{\dorecurse{2}{hallo }}
\starttext
\starttables[s1|p(13em)|l|p(13em)|]
\VL \SomeText \VL xxx \VL \SomeText \postponefootnotes\footnote{a footnote}
\VL \AR
\VL \SomeText \VL
\TWO\JustLeft{\vtop{\setupinterlinespace\hsize 14em Better, but I need to
    calculate the hsize, and there are other workarounds for correct vertical
    spacing. Furthermore, the footnote is lost.\strut \blank[small]}}
\VL\AR
\VL \SomeText \VL xxx \VL \SomeText \VL \AR
\stoptables
\stoptext

TIA for any help!
Greetings, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: paragraphs in starttables
@ 2005-02-14 18:02 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-02-14 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:

> while playing around with starttables, footnotes and paragraphs in
> starttables, I found some problems. Here is the first one, I would like to
> get a paragraph in 2 columns:
>
> \def\SomeText{\dorecurse{20}{hallo }}
> \starttext
> \starttables[s1|p(13em)|l|p(13em)|]
> \VL \SomeText \VL xxx \VL \SomeText \postponefootnotes\footnote{a footnote}
> \VL \AR
> \VL \SomeText \VL
> \TWO{Not ok, since too much distance to the line at the left.}\VL\AR
> \VL \SomeText \VL xxx \VL \SomeText \VL \AR
> \stoptables
> \stoptext
>
> \def\SomeText{\dorecurse{2}{hallo }}
> \starttext
> \starttables[s1|p(13em)|l|p(13em)|]
> \VL \SomeText \VL xxx \VL \SomeText \postponefootnotes\footnote{a footnote}
> \VL \AR
> \VL \SomeText \VL
> \TWO\JustLeft{\vtop{\setupinterlinespace\hsize 14em Better, but I need to
>     calculate the hsize, and there are other workarounds for correct vertical
>     spacing. Furthermore, the footnote is lost.\strut \blank[small]}}
> \VL\AR
> \VL \SomeText \VL xxx \VL \SomeText \VL \AR
> \stoptables
> \stoptext

hm, strange table; anyhow, how about:

\def\SomeText{\dorecurse{20}{hallo }}

\postponefootnotes \bTABLE
\bTR \bTD \SomeText \eTD \bTD xxx \eTD \bTD \SomeText\footnote{a footnote} \eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD \SomeText \eTD \bTD[nx=2] Better, but I need to
     calculate the hsize, and there are other workarounds for correct vertical
     spacing. Furthermore, the footnote is lost.\eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD \SomeText \eTD \bTD xxx \eTD \bTD \SomeText \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE \flushfootnotes

btw, tabulate is the most clever with paragraphs

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-02-14 19:05   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-02-14 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Peter Münster wrote:
>
> > while playing around with starttables, footnotes and paragraphs in
> > starttables, I found some problems. Here is the first one, I would like to
> > get a paragraph in 2 columns:
> >
> > \def\SomeText{\dorecurse{20}{hallo }}
> > \starttext
> > \starttables[s1|p(13em)|l|p(13em)|]
> > \VL \SomeText \VL xxx \VL \SomeText \postponefootnotes\footnote{a footnote}
> > \VL \AR
> > \VL \SomeText \VL
> > \TWO{Not ok, since too much distance to the line at the left.}\VL\AR
> > \VL \SomeText \VL xxx \VL \SomeText \VL \AR
> > \stoptables
> > \stoptext
> >
> > \def\SomeText{\dorecurse{2}{hallo }}
> > \starttext
> > \starttables[s1|p(13em)|l|p(13em)|]
> > \VL \SomeText \VL xxx \VL \SomeText \postponefootnotes\footnote{a footnote}
> > \VL \AR
> > \VL \SomeText \VL
> > \TWO\JustLeft{\vtop{\setupinterlinespace\hsize 14em Better, but I need to
> >     calculate the hsize, and there are other workarounds for correct vertical
> >     spacing. Furthermore, the footnote is lost.\strut \blank[small]}}
> > \VL\AR
> > \VL \SomeText \VL xxx \VL \SomeText \VL \AR
> > \stoptables
> > \stoptext
>
> hm, strange table; anyhow, how about:
>
> \postponefootnotes \bTABLE

Yes, \bTABLE is nice too. Unfortunately, I need multi-page tables, table
head, table tail, vertical and horizontal lines at the same time.
I believe, the only table environment is \starttables, is this correct?

Besides, I get the following error with your code:

ERROR: Undefined control sequence.

--- TeX said ---
<argument> \@@tblprefix \c!each
                                \v!each

> btw, tabulate is the most clever with paragraphs

Yes, but not multi-page... :(

Greetings, Peter

--

@ 2005-02-14 20:04     ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-02-14 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Peter Münster wrote:

> > btw, tabulate is the most clever with paragraphs
>
> Yes, but not multi-page... :(

Oh, pardon, that's wrong. Of course, tabulate *can* do multi-page, but not
the other features, that I need...

Greetings, Peter

--

@ 2005-02-15  7:55     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-02-15  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:

>>btw, tabulate is the most clever with paragraphs
>

> Yes, but not multi-page... :(

actually, tabulate will split quit enicely but does not provide vertical lines;

bTABle ... it can split if you say

\setupTABLE[split=yes] % splitmethod=a|b

you can make head, foot and body sections as well as define alternative headers
for the split off parts

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-02-15 18:17       ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-02-15 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Hans Hagen wrote:

> bTABle ... it can split if you say
>
> \setupTABLE[split=yes] % splitmethod=a|b
>
> you can make head, foot and body sections as well as define alternative
> headers for the split off parts

Ok, I'm going to try bTABLE. How can I define header and tail for each
page? Is there any reference for this table type, I only found enattab.pdf
with some examples.
Here is some code, that I tried, but without success:

\starttext

\bTABLE[split=yes,splitmethod=a] % splitmethod=b gives an error

\bTABLEhead
\bTR \bTD top of the page \eTD \eTR
\eTABLEhead

\bTABLEfoot
\bTR \bTD bottom of the page \eTD \eTR
\eTABLEfoot

\bTABLEnext
\bTR \bTD next one \eTD \eTR
\eTABLEnext

\bTABLEbody
\dorecurse{50}{\bTR \bTD the body \eTD \eTR}
\eTABLEbody

\eTABLE

\stoptext

TIA for any help.
Greetings, Peter

--

@ 2005-02-15 18:31         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-02-15 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:

> Here is some code, that I tried, but without success:

how ancient is your context?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-02-15 18:45           ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-02-15 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Peter Münster wrote:
>
> > Here is some code, that I tried, but without success:
>
> how ancient is your context?

 TeXExec 5.2.4 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005

            executable : pdfetex
                format : cont-en
             inputfile : test
                output : standard
             interface : en
          current mode : none
               TeX run : 1

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
 (/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/web2c/natural.tcx)
entering extended mode
(./test.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2005.01.31  fmt: 2005.2.15  int: english  mes: english

"Without success" means: I don't get anything similar to \starttablehead or
\starttabletail

The head and the foot appear, but not on each page. I think, I just don't
know how to use all these command the right way...

Cheers, Peter

--

@ 2005-02-16  8:27             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-02-16  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>>Peter Münster wrote:
>>

>>>Here is some code, that I tried, but without success:
>>
>>how ancient is your context?
>

>  TeXExec 5.2.4 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005
>
>             executable : pdfetex
>                 format : cont-en
>              inputfile : test
>                 output : standard
>              interface : en
>           current mode : none
>                TeX run : 1
>
> This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
>  (/opt/teTeX/texmf-dist/web2c/natural.tcx)
> entering extended mode
> (./test.tex
>
> ConTeXt  ver: 2005.01.31  fmt: 2005.2.15  int: english  mes: english
>

> "Without success" means: I don't get anything similar to \starttablehead or
> \starttabletail
>
> The head and the foot appear, but not on each page. I think, I just don't
> know how to use all these command the right way...

split=repeat

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-02-16 16:42               ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-02-16 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Hans Hagen wrote:

> > "Without success" means: I don't get anything similar to \starttablehead or
> > \starttabletail
> >
> > The head and the foot appear, but not on each page. I think, I just don't
> > know how to use all these commands the right way...
>
> split=repeat

Hello Hans,
thank you, this enables repetition of the heads. Unfortunately, the footer
does not get repeated. Here a minimal example:

\starttext

\bTABLE[split=repeat]

\bTABLEhead
\bTR \bTD top of the page \eTD \eTR
\eTABLEhead

\bTABLEfoot
\bTR \bTD bottom of the page \eTD \eTR
\eTABLEfoot

\bTABLEbody
\dorecurse{150}{\bTR \bTD the body \eTD \eTR}
\eTABLEbody

\eTABLE

\stoptext

Could you help again?