* no line break after quotation possible
@ 2005-04-14 18:01 Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2005-04-14 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello out there,

after a \quotation no line break is possible. For what reason?

Is this a bug or a feature? (I'd consider this as a bug).

\starttext
\tracingparagraphs=1
\tracingonline=1
\pretolerance -1
\tolerance 10000
\quotation{Foo bar baz Foo bar baz Foo bar baz Foo bar baz Foo bar baz
  Foo bar baz Foo} Hello world!
\stoptext

yields

[...]
@ via @@17 b=10000 p=0 d=100000000
@@18: line 1.0 t=23689 -> @@0
Foo [] ''  Hel-
@\discretionary via @@0 b=48 p=50 d=5864
[...]

Patrick

--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: no line break after quotation possible
@ 2005-04-15 15:24 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-04-15 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> after a \quotation no line break is possible. For what reason?
>
> Is this a bug or a feature? (I'd consider this as a bug).

Me too. Workaround: \quotation{...}\hbox{}
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: no line break after quotation possible
@ 2005-04-15 21:15 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-04-15 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hello out there,
>
> after a \quotation no line break is possible. For what reason?
>
> Is this a bug or a feature? (I'd consider this as a bug).

or an oversight or ..

some testing shows me that the last word in a quotation cannot be hyphenated
(i'll correct that); since there is a space after the " the following word will
hyphenate

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-04-15 21:21   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-04-15 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>

>>after a \quotation no line break is possible. For what reason?
>>
>>Is this a bug or a feature? (I'd consider this as a bug).
>

> Me too. Workaround: \quotation{...}\hbox{}

\def\rightboundarycharacter#1#2%
   {\prewordbreak %\nobreak
    \hskip\hspaceamount\currentlanguage{#2}%
    \languageparameter#1}

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE