* I need some advices/guidelines before start writing my PhD thesis
@ 2005-06-17  9:49 Alexandra Ribeiro
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Alexandra Ribeiro @ 2005-06-17  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I need some advices/guidelines before start writing my PhD thesis.

I'm completely new to TeX and of course to Context but I'm convinced that Microsoft Word is far away from being the right tool for writing a long document. Well, in the past I had some big big headaches.

At this moment I've to make a choice: continue using Word or start learning a new tool, which will probably consume much of my time. So, I'm in a dilemma. That's why I'm asking for help.

Is it really worth learning Context? I mean, does this package deal efficiently with some important things like TOC, cross-references, bibliography, figures, math, .? Is it too hard to learn (for a mere mortal, of course)? What about support for different languages, in particular for Portuguese?

If I choose Context, can some somebody give me some guidelines/advices?

I've already downloaded mswincontext.zip and I'll start studying/testing Context.

Thank you.

Alex

alex.r@netcabo.pt

* Re: I need some advices/guidelines before start writing my PhD thesis
@ 2005-06-20 16:52 Alexandra Ribeiro
From: Alexandra Ribeiro @ 2005-06-20 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)