* avoiding unfortunate line breaking
@ 2005-06-26 21:52 Stuart Jansen
From: Stuart Jansen @ 2005-06-26 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Below is an exaggerated case I haven't been able to solve. Assuming the
frame can't be enlarged, the URL can't be manually broken, and extending
outside the frame a tiny bit is okay, how can I prevent the line break
inserted between the bullet and the url in the example below?

\starttext
\framed[height=2in,width=3in,align={right,broad},frame=on]{
\startitemize[1,serried,packed,joinedup]
\item{}foo
\item{}bar
\item\bgroup\tt{}http://areallyreallylongdomainname.org/index.html
\egroup
\item{}baz
\item{}qux
\stopitemize}
\stoptext

--
Stuart Jansen <sjansen@gurulabs.com>
Guru Labs, L.C.

* Re: avoiding unfortunate line breaking
@ 2005-06-27 11:15 ` John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2005-06-27 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sunday 26 June 2005 09:52 pm, Stuart Jansen wrote:
> Below is an exaggerated case I haven't been able to solve. Assuming the
> frame can't be enlarged, the URL can't be manually broken, and extending
> outside the frame a tiny bit is okay, how can I prevent the line break
> inserted between the bullet and the url in the example below?
>
> \starttext
> \framed[height=2in,width=3in,align={right,broad},frame=on]{
> \startitemize[1,serried,packed,joinedup]
> \item{}foo
> \item{}bar
> \item\bgroup\tt{}http://areallyreallylongdomainname.org/index.html
> \egroup
> \item{}baz
> \item{}qux
> \stopitemize}
> \stoptext

This works for me:

\setupoutput[pdftex]
 \starttext
 \framed[height=2in,width=3in,align={right,broad},frame=on]{
 \startitemize[1,serried,packed,joinedup]
 \item foo
 \item bar
\hbox{\item \tt http://areallyreallylongdomainname.org/index.html}
 \item  baz
 \item qux
 \stopitemize}
 \stoptext

--

John Culleton

* Re: avoiding unfortunate line breaking
@ 2005-06-27 16:17 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-06-27 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005, Stuart Jansen wrote:

> Below is an exaggerated case I haven't been able to solve. Assuming the
> frame can't be enlarged, the URL can't be manually broken, and extending
> outside the frame a tiny bit is okay, how can I prevent the line break
> inserted between the bullet and the url in the example below?
>
> \starttext
> \framed[height=2in,width=3in,align={right,broad},frame=on]{
> \startitemize[1,serried,packed,joinedup]
> \item{}foo
> \item{}bar
> \item\bgroup\tt{}http://areallyreallylongdomainname.org/index.html

2 suggestions: