* Structures
@ 2005-11-25  6:08 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2005-11-25  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

\input knuth

\stopcomponent

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: conTeXt-en
%%% End:

A couple of questions:

1. When I compile:

texexec book

I do not get "medium" indenting. What am I doing wrong?

2. When I compile:

texexec --pdf section2

I don't get indenting "medium" and the section is numbered 1. I was
expecting 1.2. Am I missing something here?

I was hoping that if you compiled a component like this that it would
search the project structure and determine an appropriate adjustment
in number labels and, hopefully, references.

David

* Re: Structures
@ 2005-11-25  7:46 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-25  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:

> \setupindenting[medium]

Make that:

  \setupindenting[medium,yes]

> I was hoping that if you compiled a component like this that it would
> search the project structure and determine an appropriate adjustment  in
> number labels and, hopefully, references.

I don't think it does, but it would definately be nice if it
would do that (maybe sometime in the future?). (don't forget
the page numbers).

Taco

* Re: Structures
@ 2005-11-25 18:08 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-11-25 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, David Arnold wrote:

> I have book.tex.
>
> \startproject book
>
> \environment bookenv
>
> \product chapter1
>
> \stopproject
>
> 1. When I compile:
>
> texexec book

Hello David,

it's considered, that the project-file contains only setup-commands and a
list of products, but no commands, that generate directly output.

This has nothing to do with your questions, but perhaps you will get problems
later on when writing further chapters.

Consider just, that one product is one document, and a component is a kind
of "sub-document" for example a chapter. And the project-file is just a
list of documents, that should inherit some common setups.

I hope, this helps.
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/