From: "Peter Münster" <pmlists@free.fr>
Subject: Re: Linux upgrade
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 09:46:06 +0200 (CEST)	[thread overview]

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, John R. Culleton wrote:

> Well I downloaded the two files, catenated them into one called
> tetex.rpm, and then tried to unpack the result with rpm -i tetex.rpm
> I got a fistful of spurious error messages. So I missed something
> somewhere. Any hints?

Hello John,
the binary package is build on SuSE-10.1 and I don't know the
particularities of Slackware. What are the error messages?
Perhaps problems with dependencies or conflicts.
Anyway: if you want rpm to behave like tar, then "rpm -i --nodeps --force"
should to it.

My favourite way to get teTeX running:
rpm -i http://pmrb.free.fr/work/OS/ConTeXt/tetex/tetex-3.0-X.nosrc.rpm
rpmbuild -bb --force /usr/src/packages/SPECS/tetex.spec
rpmbuild -bb /usr/src/packages/SPECS/tetex.spec
rpm -Uvh /usr/src/packages/RPMS/YYY/tetex-3.0-X.YYY.rpm

In fact, during the build process, I execute just the instructions on
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TeTeX_3.0_installation (and a bit more).

Perhaps, I'm not allowed to distribute the big binary package, so I'll
probably remove it soon. Everything should work fine with the
nosrc-package. If not, your feedback is welcome.

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/