* urw garamond for distribution
@ 2006-07-04 18:27 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2006-07-04 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I've put 3 files into http://pmrb.free.fr/tmp/garamond/ :

t-garamond.tex
texnansi-urw-garamond.map
type-ugm.tex

Would you put them into the distribution? (would be nice)

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* where have the ol' dam' font was Re: urw garamond for distribution
@ 2006-07-05 15:46   ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-07-05 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi to all,
I asked to the list how to know which font are installed on my machine.
The reply was that I cannot guess this info from inside tex, but it
should be possible to grasp information starting form the distro I use.

(I'm using TeXShop, with Gerben distro on macosx)

So, I was tinkering: can anyone suggest a list of widely used font name
so that at least I can try to call them from inside ConTeXt and see if
they are present or not?
I was lucky with Palatino, as an example.

Thanks to all

-a-

On 6 Jul 2006, at 00:50, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> On Tue, 4 Jul 2006, Peter Münster wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've put 3 files into http://pmrb.free.fr/tmp/garamond/ :
>>
>> t-garamond.tex
>> texnansi-urw-garamond.map
>> type-ugm.tex
>>
>> Would you put them into the distribution? (would be nice)
>

> I support the idea of including urw-garamond in the distribution.
> Makes it much easier for font newbies like me to use them :)
>
> BTW, do you plan to add support for "math design" font for garamond?
> http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=mathdesign-
> garamond
>
> Aditya

Andrea Valle
DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino
http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea
andrea.valle@unito.it

* Re: urw garamond for distribution
@ 2006-07-05 22:50 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-07-05 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2006-07-11  9:44   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-07-11  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Peter,

> On Tue, 4 Jul 2006, Peter Münster wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I've put 3 files into http://pmrb.free.fr/tmp/garamond/ :
>>
>>t-garamond.tex
>>texnansi-urw-garamond.map
>>type-ugm.tex
>>
>>Would you put them into the distribution? (would be nice)
>

> I support the idea of including urw-garamond in the distribution.
> Makes it much easier for font newbies like me to use them :)

Please wrap them up in an external module if you want them included
in the distribution. Have a look at
     http://modules.contextgarden.net/urwgothic

As an example; it should be very close those what is needed for
urwgaramond. If you have any trouble, drop me a message privately.

Cheers, taco

* Re: urw garamond for distribution
@ 2006-08-17 11:52     ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2006-08-17 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Please wrap them up in an external module if you want them included
> in the distribution. Have a look at
>      http://modules.contextgarden.net/urwgothic

Ok, it's done!
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: urw garamond for distribution
@ 2006-08-18  7:16       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-08-18  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

� wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>

>> Please wrap them up in an external module if you want them included
>> in the distribution. Have a look at
>>      http://modules.contextgarden.net/urwgothic
>>

> Ok, it's done!

ok, thanks

if these font defs are stable i.e. don't need regular maintainance by a third party, they can be added to the regular typescript some day

Hans

* urw garamond for distribution
@ 2006-08-18  8:36         ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-08-18  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

De 'BNF Grammar' module is ook klaar voor cont-ext. Ik zou ze trouwens
lekker in cont-ext laten zitten, dan wordt het ook nooit jouw probleem
als er iets verandert aan het font zelf.

@ 2006-08-18  8:41           ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-08-18  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry about that, it was supposed to go to Hans directly.

Taco

@ 2006-08-18 13:16         ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2006-08-18 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> if these font defs are stable i.e. don't need regular maintainance by a
> third party, they can be added to the regular typescript some day

I don't know, but URW Garamond seems to be stable at least since the last
12 month.
Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: urw garamond for distribution
@ 2006-08-18 15:26           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-08-18 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

� wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>> if these font defs are stable i.e. don't need regular maintainance by a
>> third party, they can be added to the regular typescript some day
>>

> I don't know, but URW Garamond seems to be stable at least since the last
> 12 month.

ok, keep an eye on it; as soon as you think garamond defs can be moved to the core, let us know (my experience is that font gets renamed without communication -)

Hans

* Re: urw garamond for distribution
@ 2006-08-18 16:43             ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2006-08-18 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> > I don't know, but URW Garamond seems to be stable at least since the last
> > 12 month.
> >
> ok, keep an eye on it; as soon as you think garamond defs can be moved to
> the core, let us know (my experience is that font gets renamed without
> communication -)

All right, I'll check the modification dates in
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/dante/nonfree/fonts/urw/garamond/ on a regular time
interval.
But for me, there is only one little difference in the case of font
changes:
- if the files are in cont-ext.zip, then I'll update the module on
  contextgarden.net
- if the files are in cont-tmf.zip, then I'll drop you an email to update
  the typescripts
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/