* updmap - who knows it?
@ 2004-10-28 19:48 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2004-10-28 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

working on Mac I happily added new font map files with

updmap --enable Map texnansi-vendor-example.map

Now, trying the same on a WinXP I get this error:

Option enable, key "Map" requires a value

Well, what value? What is different here than on MacOS?

Steffen

* Re: updmap - who knows it?
@ 2004-10-28 20:10 ` Hartmut Henkel
From: Hartmut Henkel @ 2004-10-28 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> working on Mac I happily added new font map files with
>
> updmap --enable Map texnansi-vendor-example.map
>

> Now, trying the same on a WinXP I get this error:
>
> Option enable, key "Map" requires a value

maybe it's because this updmap is the Perl version, not the original
shell version; currently there is a slight incompatibility. Try with
equal sign, e. g.:

updmap --enable Map=xyz.map

Regards, Hartmut

* Re: updmap - who knows it?
@ 2004-10-28 21:07 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2004-10-28 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hartmut Henkel <hartmut_henkel@gmx.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>
> > working on Mac I happily added new font map files with
> >
> > updmap --enable Map texnansi-vendor-example.map
> >

> > Now, trying the same on a WinXP I get this error:
> >
> > Option enable, key "Map" requires a value
>
> maybe it's because this updmap is the Perl version, not the original
> shell version; currently there is a slight incompatibility. Try with
> equal sign, e. g.:
>
> updmap --enable Map=xyz.map
>
> Regards, Hartmut

Thanks for the fast reply!It looks promising.
(Although now we got an even better error - see below, please.)

"^#!\s*Map\s*" - what does that mean??

Steffen

C:\TeXLive\texmf-var\pdftex\config>updmap --enable Map=texnansi-adobe-agaramond.

map

using config file c:/TeXLive/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.cfg

type=Map,map=texnansi-adobe-agaramond.map

configReplace c:/TeXLive/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.cfg, ^#!\s*Map\s*texnansi-adobe-

agaramond.map, Map texnansi-adobe-agaramond.map

c:/TeXLive/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.cfg unchanged. Map files not recreated.