* ConTeXt dont work with fonts after last miktex update
@ 2005-01-11 23:08 Matthias C. Schmidt
From: Matthias C. Schmidt @ 2005-01-11 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

After the last update ConTeXt has problems with fonts unter miktex.

from the log:

[1.1{original-empty.map}{texnansiOSFSC-adobe-cronospro.map
Warning: pdfetex (file texnansiOSFSC-adobe-cronospro.map): invalid entry
for `texnansiOSFSC-raw-CronosPro-Bold': invalid font file name

the entry in the map-file:

texnansiOSFSC-raw-CronosPro-Bold 4 < CronosPro-Bold.pfb texnansiOSFSC.enc

Before update all worked fine. Nothing has changed. The .enc files are
under fonts/enc and in the miktex.ini the path is set on it (under
pdfetex). ConTeXt/pdfetex don't find any font file (but under LaTeX all
is o.k.). I red that there are have to changed any variables, but I
don't know how I have to do this under miktex (miktex.ini looks well for
paths). Why it doesn't work now?

Thanks in advance, Matthias

* Re: ConTeXt dont work with fonts after last miktex update
@ 2005-01-12  0:36 ` Hartmut Henkel
From: Hartmut Henkel @ 2005-01-12  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-pdftex

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Matthias C. Schmidt wrote:

> After the last update ConTeXt has problems with fonts unter miktex.
>
> from the log:
>
> [1.1{original-empty.map}{texnansiOSFSC-adobe-cronospro.map
> Warning: pdfetex (file texnansiOSFSC-adobe-cronospro.map): invalid entry for
> `texnansiOSFSC-raw-CronosPro-Bold': invalid font file name
>
> the entry in the map-file:
>
> texnansiOSFSC-raw-CronosPro-Bold 4 < CronosPro-Bold.pfb texnansiOSFSC.enc

Please remove the blank after the "<":

texnansiOSFSC-raw-CronosPro-Bold 4 <CronosPro-Bold.pfb texnansiOSFSC.enc

Is it working then?

I'm guilty for this change (anywhere else this blank is missing, but it
was definitively allowed as i see now -- an undocumented feature).

What is the origin of file texnansiOSFSC-adobe-cronospro.map? Is it from
somewhere distributed or written by yourself?

Regards, Hartmut

* Re: [NTG-pdftex] Re: ConTeXt dont work with fonts after last miktex update
@ 2005-01-12  8:29   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-01-12  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hartmut Henkel wrote:

> Please remove the blank after the "<":

hm, i ran intro something like that recently, pdftex was never sensitive to
blanks there, so i have map files with blanks (since there can be blanks
everywhere i see no reason for a restiction there); makes the file more readable

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-01-14  9:21     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2005-01-14  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

[...]

> thanks for your advice. I found the MAPS at the NTG-Homepage, but it
> ends with Nr. 27 in 2002. How can I receive your article to read it?

Become a member of the ntg. IMO it is worth every cent.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: ConTeXt dont work with fonts after last miktex update
@ 2005-01-13 23:35   ` Matthias C. Schmidt
From: Matthias C. Schmidt @ 2005-01-13 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adam Lindsay schrieb:

> The support for this has been built into texfont for the past year (at
> least). Many more variants are available if you let it work with Eddie
> Kohler's LCDF Typetools for processing the OpenType fonts.
>
> There's a revised article on this in the upcoming MAPS.

Hi Adam,

thanks for your advice. I found the MAPS at the NTG-Homepage, but it
ends with Nr. 27 in 2002. How can I receive your article to read it? I'm
very interested in because I experimented with the LCDF-tools in the
past, but I wasn't able to combine it with LaTeX or ConTeXt.

@ 2005-01-12 16:48 Matthias C. Schmidt
From: Matthias C. Schmidt @ 2005-01-12 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hartmut Henkel schrieb:

 > Please remove the blank after the "<":

Thank you very much: That was the trick. Now all works like before. Is
it a change in pdftex 1.20b?

> What is the origin of file texnansiOSFSC-adobe-cronospro.map? Is it from
> somewhere distributed or written by yourself?

The file was made by special texfont provided by Adam Lindsay in his
package "OpenType in ConTeXt".
But also all files of Henning Hraban Ramm have also the blank and other to.

Must I change this all by hand now?

Thanks a lot again,
Matthias