* unsetting textstyle for one synonym
@ 2007-04-29 10:45 Peter Münster
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Peter Münster @ 2007-04-29 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt list

Hello,

how could I cancel the textstyle=cap for just one synonym?
Here an example to show what I want:

\definesynonyms[Test][Tests][\Full]
\setupsynonyms[Test][textstyle=cap]
\Test{BLA}{This is B.L.A.}
%\Test[CONTEXT]{{\nocap{\ConTeXt}}}{This is \ConTeXt}% does not work
%\Test[CONTEXT]{{\tf\ConTeXt}}{This is \ConTeXt}%      does not work
\starttext
\BLA\ and \CONTEXT.
\stoptext

Greetings, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: unsetting textstyle for one synonym
@ 2007-04-29 14:57 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-04-29 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt list

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Peter Münster wrote:

> Hello,
>
> how could I cancel the textstyle=cap for just one synonym?
> Here an example to show what I want:
>
> \definesynonyms[Test][Tests][\Full]
> \setupsynonyms[Test][textstyle=cap]
> \Test{BLA}{This is B.L.A.}
> %\Test[CONTEXT]{{\nocap{\ConTeXt}}}{This is \ConTeXt}% does not work
> %\Test[CONTEXT]{{\tf\ConTeXt}}{This is \ConTeXt}%      does not work
> \starttext
> \BLA\ and \CONTEXT.
> \stoptext

Did you try (untested)

\Test[CONTEXT] {\nocap{context}} {This is \ConTeXt}

Aditya

* Re: unsetting textstyle for one synonym
@ 2007-04-29 15:24   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2007-04-29 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> Did you try (untested)
>
> \Test[CONTEXT] {\nocap{context}} {This is \ConTeXt}

Yes, now I've tried it and it does not work, but why should this work??

Here another try, that gives me an error:
\Test[CONTEXT]{{\setupsynonyms[Test][textstyle=]\ConTeXt}}{%
  This is \ConTeXt}% does not work

Cheers, Peter

--

@ 2007-04-29 16:13     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-04-29 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Peter Münster wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> Did you try (untested)
>>
>> \Test[CONTEXT] {\nocap{context}} {This is \ConTeXt}
>
> Yes, now I've tried it and it does not work, but why should this work??

I think I completely misunderstood what you want. This works for me,
that is, "context" is not capitalized.

\definesynonyms[Test][Tests][\Full]
\setupsynonyms[Test][textstyle=cap]

\Test{BLA}{This is B.L.A.}
\Test[CONTEXT]{\nocap{context}}{This is \ConTeXt}

\starttext

\BLA\ and \CONTEXT.

\Full{BLA} and \Full{CONTEXT}

\stoptext

Aditya

* Re: unsetting textstyle for one synonym
@ 2007-04-29 17:29       ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2007-04-29 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> I think I completely misunderstood what you want. This works for me,
> that is, "context" is not capitalized.

All right. So here in other words, what I'm looking for:
How can I disable the textstyle=cap setting for just one synonym?

Of course I could hack a big workaround, but first I would like to know,
if there is an easy and clean way to achieve this.

Cheers, Peter

--

@ 2007-05-03 12:28 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-05-03 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

2007/4/29, Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr>:
> Hello,
>
> how could I cancel the textstyle=cap for just one synonym?
> Here an example to show what I want:
>
> \definesynonyms[Test][Tests][\Full]
> \setupsynonyms[Test][textstyle=cap]
> \Test{BLA}{This is B.L.A.}

\Test[Foo]{FOO}{Say foo to me.}
\def\FOO{FOO\setbox\scratchbox\hbox{\Foo}}

> %\Test[CONTEXT]{{\nocap{\ConTeXt}}}{This is \ConTeXt}% does not work
> %\Test[CONTEXT]{{\tf\ConTeXt}}{This is \ConTeXt}%      does not work
> \starttext
> \BLA\ and \CONTEXT.

\BLA\ and \FOO.
\completelistofTests

> \stoptext
>
> Greetings, Peter

Wolfgang

* Re: unsetting textstyle for one synonym
@ 2007-05-03 18:19   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2007-05-03 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 3 May 2007, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> \Test[Foo]{FOO}{Say foo to me.}
> \def\FOO{FOO\setbox\scratchbox\hbox{\Foo}}

Nice, thanks!

Nevertheless, here a little feature request:
\cap{this is cap \unsetcap{this is normal} this is cap again}

just as:
{\bf this is bold {\tf this is normal} again bold}

Cheers, Peter

--

@ 2007-05-03 21:17     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-05-03 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=X-UNKNOWN; format=flowed, Size: 481 bytes --]

On Thu, 3 May 2007, Peter Münster wrote:

> On Thu, 3 May 2007, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> \Test[Foo]{FOO}{Say foo to me.}
>> \def\FOO{FOO\setbox\scratchbox\hbox{\Foo}}
>
> Nice, thanks!
>
> Nevertheless, here a little feature request:
> \cap{this is cap \unsetcap{this is normal} this is cap again}

\nocap ... for example

\def\test
  {\cap{This is cap \nocap{this is no cap} this is cap}}
\starttext

{\bf \test}

{\ss \test}

\stoptext

Aditya

* Re: unsetting textstyle for one synonym
@ 2007-05-04  5:38       ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2007-05-04  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 3 May 2007, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> \nocap ... for example
>
> \def\test
>  {\cap{This is cap \nocap{this is no cap} this is cap}}
> \starttext
>
> {\bf \test}
>
> {\ss \test}
>
> \stoptext

Try this:

\def\test
  {\cap{This is cap \nocap{THIS is no cap} this is cap}}

"THIS" gets lower cased...

Peter

--

@ 2007-05-04 10:05 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-05-04 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Peter Münster wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how could I cancel the textstyle=cap for just one synonym?
> Here an example to show what I want:
>
> \definesynonyms[Test][Tests][\Full]
> \setupsynonyms[Test][textstyle=cap]
> \Test{BLA}{This is B.L.A.}
> %\Test[CONTEXT]{{\nocap{\ConTeXt}}}{This is \ConTeXt}% does not work
> %\Test[CONTEXT]{{\tf\ConTeXt}}{This is \ConTeXt}%      does not work
> \starttext
> \BLA\ and \CONTEXT.
> \stoptext
>
> Greetings, Peter