* Line break?
@ 2002-10-31 14:22 mari.voipio
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: mari.voipio @ 2002-10-31 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is probably "the dumbest question of the year", but I cannot find an
answer in the manuals (beginner's and the real big one) and the mailing
archives don't want to play with me today [Forbidden. You don't have
permission to access /cgi-bin/search.cgi on this server. Additionally, a
404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.].

I badly need a working line break (comparable to the HTML tag <br>). In a
side note in one of the manuals I found that \\ should work as line break,
but it doesn't work for me, for example

---
Example: To change 4-20 mA = 15 - 25 CONC\% to 4-20 mA = 10 - 30 CONC\%,
key in the sequence\\
Calibrate/Parameters/Output signals/Current output\\
and then enter Zero = 10 and Span = 20.
---
results in
---
Example: To change 4-20 mA = 15 - 25 CONC% to 4-20 mA = 10 - 30 CONC%, key
in the sequence Calibrate/Parameters/Output signals/Current output and
then enter Zero = 10 and Span = 20.
---
and that's not what I want.

I'm open to other solutions as well, but I think I'd really prefer to have
line breaks there (not least because I want to keep the code simple -
other people will need to understand this too).

Mari from Finland
PS. Any hope with the mailing archive search?