From: Mari Voipio <mari.voipio@iki.fi>
Subject: Re: Re: inserting other pdf's
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:23:32 +0300 (EET DST)	[thread overview]

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> > % output=pdftex
> > \starttext
> > \externalfigure[somefile.pdf]
> > \stoptext
>

> When I tried it it looks to me as these pages were placed like figures -
> sure, externalfigure o)

Unfortunately, they are. Been there, done that, fought two hours with this
yesterday and got in the best case adequate results by cropping the pdf
page in Acrobat first and then inserting as externalfigure...

I can do this with Adobe Acrobat (as we really have a licence for the full
thing) and another (more affordable) option for Windows users would be
pdfedit995 (<http://www.pdfedit995.com/>), but I really would like to
insert the pages in ConTeXt to make sure that I don't forget the insertion
process.

Brief experiments with texexec didn't seem to work and even the help says
"--pdfcombine  combine pages to one page", which is not what I want to do
(besides, as I'm compiling my file out of Emacs with a keyboard command,
I'd rather not play with texexec at all).

The command in Acrobat is Document | Insert Pages - I've tried to tell
myself that there must be an easy way to duplicate this somewhere in the
ConTeXt file, but may be there isn't? If not, this is HIGH on my wishlist.
I, too, have full page AutoCad originated pdf files to insert...

mari