* using \localenvironment
@ 2004-02-11 13:44 Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2004-02-11 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've finally managed to set up my first project (a project file, an
environment file, a product file and two components). It works quite
reasonably, but only until I try to introduce a local environment that
would only apply to this product (and not the 3-4 others I expect this
project to contain at a later date). I do not understand how to make it
work.

First I tried to make a local environment as a part of my environment
file, like this:

\startlocalenvironment[gl-01]
	\setupheadertexts[Start-up instructions][GL-01]
\stoplocalenvironment

If I understand correctly, I could implement this local environment by
adding the command
\localenvironment[gl-01]
somewhere - but where: in the project file before or after the name of the
product in question or in the product file somewhere?

I also tried making a separate file gl-01_env.tex which says
\startlocalenvironment
	\setupheadertexts[Start-up instructions][GL-01]
\stoplocalenvironment

Now it could be implemented by giving the command
\localenvironment gl-01_env
but again, I'm at loss as to where the command should be given.

An additional problem seems to be that my ConTeXt is old enough (if it
ain't broke, don't fix it - so updates are pending) to be subject to
missing English synonyms; however, the fix suggested in
<http://ml-archives.mini.pw.edu.pl/ntg-context/msg06984.html> (using Dutch
equivalents for some commands) doesn't seem to work for me, possible
because of the problems above; I haven't yet managed to figure out which
command goes where.

I would be grateful indeed if I got a simple example on how to implement
one local environment to one product and another one to another product.
Or, if there's another manual for the project structure (not the
beginner's manual or the big one, both have the same text without any
examples, neither has definitions on the localenvironment commands), just
give me a pointer...

From the very frozen north,

			Mari

* Re: using \localenvironment
@ 2004-02-11 16:01 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-02-11 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 14:44 11/02/2004, you wrote:

>I've finally managed to set up my first project (a project file, an
>environment file, a product file and two components). It works quite
>reasonably, but only until I try to introduce a local environment that
>would only apply to this product (and not the 3-4 others I expect this
>project to contain at a later date). I do not understand how to make it
>work.

a maybe better option is

\startmode[aspecialversion]

... setttings ...

\stopmode

and run the special version with

texexec --mode=aspecialversion ...

or put \enablemode[aspecialversion] on top of the special product

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE/POD/CTS

* Re: using \localenvironment
@ 2004-02-12  7:32   ` Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2004-02-12  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Hans Hagen wrote:
> texexec --mode=aspecialversion ...
>
> or put \enablemode[aspecialversion] on top of the special product

I had partial success: the command line option works and the compiled
product is exactly what I want, but putting the command on top of the
product file doesn't work at all - and I'd rather have it as a permanent
setting in the product file, I will always want the product to compile
with the special settings.

Besides, I'd rather not deal with command line options because half the
time I'll forget them and then I'll have to teach them to other users as
well, not a good idea. Windows dummies and command lines don't mix
nowadays... (What's THAT, they say, when you do something on the command
line because that's faster.)

Any ideas, what went wrong? The \startmode etc. is now in the
environment file.

Thank you for the help,
		       Mari