* Bold math symbols
@ 1999-06-25 14:15 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1999-06-25 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Matthew,

Here is a hack that apparently works ok with the Lucida fonts. It
gives you a 'boldmath' command much like latex has. Hope this was what
you had in mind.

Taco

\definefontsynonym [BoldMathRoman]          [LucidaBright-Demi]
\definefontsynonym [BoldMathExtension]      [LucidaNewMath-Extension]
\definefontsynonym [BoldMathItalic]         [LucidaNewMath-AltDemiItalic]
\definefontsynonym [BoldMathSymbol]         [LucidaNewMath-Symbol-Demi]
\definefontsynonym [BoldMathAlpha]          [LucidaNewMath-Arrows-Demi]

\setupbodyfont[lbr]

\debuggerinfotrue

\def\boldmath{%
 \definebodyfont[14.4pt,12pt,11pt,10pt,9pt,8pt,7pt,6pt,5pt,4pt][mm]
	[mr=BoldMathRoman sa 1,
	 mi=BoldMathItalic sa 1,
	 ex=BoldMathExtension sa 1,
	 sy=BoldMathSymbol sa 1,
	 ma=BoldMathAlpha sa 1
	]\setmathfamilies
}

\starttext

$A\bf + A = \sqrt\alpha$

$A\bf\mf + A = \sqrt\alpha$

$\boldmath
A\bf + A = \sqrt\alpha$

$A\bf\mf + A = \sqrt\alpha$

{\boldmath
$A\bf + A = \sqrt\alpha$
}

$A\bf + A = \sqrt\alpha$

\stoptext

--
Taco Hoekwater                                 taco.hoekwater@wkap.nl
Kluwer Academic Publishers                            -- Pre Press --

* Re: Bold math symbols
@ 1999-06-25 16:09 ` Matthew Baker
From: Matthew Baker @ 1999-06-25 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Here is a hack that apparently works ok with the Lucida fonts. It
> gives you a 'boldmath' command much like latex has. Hope this was what
> you had in mind.

Works a treat.  Thanks!

Off-topic, where did the Lucida fonts come from?  They look a lot like
Palatino.

- Matthew

--
Dr. Matthew Baker           matthew.baker@gmd.de
GMD - FIT.MMK               http://fit.gmd.de/hci/pages/matthew.baker.html

* Re: Context diff
@ 1999-10-06 11:01   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-10-06 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> - some new translations by Tobias.
> - new request: wachttijd - delay - ??

The delay used for auto proceed to next page in acrobat full screen
mode. I needed that for the nts shifting puzzle (presentation).

> - support delays in PDF page transitions
>   (\setupinteractionscreen[delay=])

Indeed, this one.

> - support for colored backgrounds for \presentationstep
>   (\definecolor[StepColor][white])
> - adds \autopresentationstep

For the impatient: this option builds your page piecewise in
presentations.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Context diff
@ 1999-10-06 11:54 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1999-10-06 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

Differences between the 9-13 and 9-30 versions of ConTeXt:

texexec:

- new switches: --language (sets main language)
                --bodyfont (sets bodyfont)
                --noduplex (disable doublesided)

- some extra defaults built-in for older options
- now restores user-supplied cont-usr after runs etc.etc.
  (many changes here, but all are related to the three new
  switches, it seems)

cont-de, cont-en, cont-nl, cont-uk:

- use cont-usr instead of hardwired languages
- remove cmx fonts from initialization

context:

- relocate \input cont-usr here
  (never used if context.tex is called from cont-xx etc.)

cont-usr.ori, cont-usr.tex:

- new format for language selection
  (initialize at fmt generation time instead of at \everyjob)
- allow preloading of tjech & polish fonts instead of cmr

lang-ini:

- language selection at \everyjob moved to here

lang-sla:

- many fixes to the polish label/specifics section

font-cmr:

- now contains the definitions from font-cmx.

font-cmx: deleted

enco-pol:

- new encoding file for polish input / fonts

enco-pdf:

- adds new accent defintion combinations for \', \. and \k

font-csr:

- change to internal mapping mechanism

font-plr:

- definitions for the polish plr fonts.

font-ini:

- add some default font environment setups for large body sizes
  (14.4, 17.3, 20.7)

font-unk:

- fix some typos

mult-con:

- some new translations by Tobias.
- new request: wachttijd - delay - ??

verb-ini:

- adds \spaceskip and \xspaceskip settings

cont-new:

- changed macro \dosetlinkregister moved to core-01a

core-01a:
- \dotextprefix changed
- \dosetlinkregister and some \entryreference stuff
  re-integrated
- \endheadplacement : minor change
- \loadoptionfile : safer / cleaner

core-01d:

- support delays in PDF page transitions
  (\setupinteractionscreen[delay=])

core-fig:

- type of german translation fixed
- \edef instead of \def for filename

core-hlp:

- guards around user-supplied help information
  (only include if used)

core-ref:

- some macros switched from \leaveoutervmode to \dontleavehmode
- \dotextprefix redefined (this one uses the old definition)

core-tab:

- minor fix

enco-ini:

- expansion fix for PDFdocencoding in \donthandleaccent & \donthandlecommand
- etc (more expansion fixes).

java-fld:

- function Walk_field() removed
- bugfix to \startJSpreamble

s-pre-00

- support for colored backgrounds for \presentationstep
  (\definecolor[StepColor][white])
- adds \autopresentationstep

spec-fdf:

- page transition support

supp-fil:

- new macro: \unlinkfile
- adds redefinition of / to startreadingfile
  (needed because / is \active in polish)

supp-lan:

- adds macro \simplifiedcompoundcharacter

syst-gen:

- simplified definition of \getfromcommacommand.

Taco