* Updating teTeX to latest context
@ 1999-09-02  2:46 Tony Keating
From: Tony Keating @ 1999-09-02  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've just tried to update my teTeX version of context to the latest version
d/led from www.pragma-ade.nl. But I'm running into a problem generating
formats. When I run:

texexe --make en

I get the error from fmtutil:

fmtutil: format `cont-en' not available.

I'm not sure what these means. In the fmtutil.cnf the line for cont-en is:

cont-en pdfetex cont-usr-tex *cont-en.ini

But I can't find the cont-en.ini file anywhere. Is this the problem?

Tony.

--
Tony Keating <keating@mech.uq.edu.au> [PGP-DSS/DH: 0x477A9C35, RSA: 0x3813009F]
PhD Student - Large Eddy Simulation of near-wall mass transfer

* Re: Updating teTeX to latest context
@ 1999-09-02  2:57 ` Tony Keating
From: Tony Keating @ 1999-09-02  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Tony Keating <keating@mech.uq.edu.au> wrote:

> But I can't find the cont-en.ini file anywhere. Is this the problem?

I feel stupid now. It was the missing cont-en.ini file that cause the
problem. I must have deleted this file at some stage. Re-installing just
this file from the teTeX distribution fixed my problem.

Tony.

--

@ 1999-09-02  7:05   ` Matthew Baker
From: Matthew Baker @ 1999-09-02  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Tony Keating wrote:

> Tony Keating <keating@mech.uq.edu.au> wrote:
> >
> > But I can't find the cont-en.ini file anywhere. Is this the problem?
> >

> I feel stupid now. It was the missing cont-en.ini file that cause the
> problem. I must have deleted this file at some stage. Re-installing just
> this file from the teTeX distribution fixed my problem.

These .ini files aren't part of the context distribution but are part of
tetex.  Therefore if you installed tetex without context and then
installed context from the zip file the .ini files would be missing.
Perhaps this is what happened.

> Tony Keating <keating@mech.uq.edu.au> [PGP-DSS/DH: 0x477A9C35, RSA: 0x3813009F]
> PhD Student - Large Eddy Simulation of near-wall mass transfer

Do you know anyone called Adrian Koerber, btw?  He was doing a PhD in eddy
simulation at UQ a few years back (and might be still...)

- Matthew

--
Dr. Matthew Baker           matthew.baker@gmd.de
GMD - FIT.MMK               http://fit.gmd.de/hci/pages/matthew.baker.html