* SciTE and TeXLive
@ 2006-01-30 10:45 Hooman Javidnia
From: Hooman Javidnia @ 2006-01-30 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Are the SciTE configuration files on Windows  only supposed to work
with MikTeX or do they work with other implementations as well?

Do I have to copy all language .properties files even though I am going to
use only English? Do I have to modify any .properties files, if I want to
load only cont-en-scite.properties?

Sincerely,

Hooman Javidnia, Ph.D. Candidate
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Eng.
The University of Western Ontario

* Re: SciTE and TeXLive
@ 2006-01-30 11:08 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-01-30 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hooman Javidnia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are the SciTE configuration files on Windows  only supposed to work
> with MikTeX or do they work with other implementations as well?
>
> Do I have to copy all language .properties files even though I am going to
> use only English? Do I have to modify any .properties files, if I want to
> load only cont-en-scite.properties?

they should work with any tex, given that texmfstart and/or texexec are known

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: SciTE and TeXLive
@ 2006-01-31  1:27   ` Hooman Javidnia
From: Hooman Javidnia @ 2006-01-31  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Hooman Javidnia wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are the SciTE configuration files on Windows  only supposed to work
> > with MikTeX or do they work with other implementations as well?
> >
> > Do I have to copy all language .properties files even though I am going to
> > use only English? Do I have to modify any .properties files, if I want to
> > load only cont-en-scite.properties?
> >
> they should work with any tex, given that texmfstart and/or texexec are known
>
> Hans

texexec is known, I know this because I can run it from command
line. texmfstart is located in
E:\TeXLive2005\texmf-dist\scripts\context\ruby but I am not sure if it is
known to the system or not. How can I test this? Should I tweak any file
or add to to PATH variable?

* Re: SciTE and TeXLive
@ 2006-01-31  9:41     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-01-31  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hooman Javidnia wrote:
> texexec is known, I know this because I can run it from command
> line. texmfstart is located in
> E:\TeXLive2005\texmf-dist\scripts\context\ruby but I am not sure if it is
> known to the system or not. How can I test this? Should I tweak any file
> or add to to PATH variable?

is ruby itself installed?

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: SciTE and TeXLive
@ 2006-01-31 20:01       ` Hooman Javidnia
From: Hooman Javidnia @ 2006-01-31 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Hooman Javidnia wrote:
> > texexec is known, I know this because I can run it from command
> > line. texmfstart is located in
> > E:\TeXLive2005\texmf-dist\scripts\context\ruby but I am not sure if it is
> > known to the system or not. How can I test this? Should I tweak any file
> > or add to to PATH variable?
> >
> is ruby itself installed?

Yes, Ruby is installed. Typing ruby --version  at command  line returuns
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i386-mswin32]
Also Perl is installed. Actually Perl is installed as part of
TeXLive2005. I also installed Lua 5.0 and added the directory to the PATH.

Regards,
-h

* Re: SciTE and TeXLive
@ 2006-01-31 22:07         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-01-31 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hooman Javidnia wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>> Hooman Javidnia wrote:
>>
>>> texexec is known, I know this because I can run it from command
>>> line. texmfstart is located in
>>> E:\TeXLive2005\texmf-dist\scripts\context\ruby but I am not sure if it is
>>> known to the system or not. How can I test this? Should I tweak any file
>>> or add to to PATH variable?
>>>

>> is ruby itself installed?
>>

> Yes, Ruby is installed. Typing ruby --version  at command  line returuns
> ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i386-mswin32]
> Also Perl is installed. Actually Perl is installed as part of
> TeXLive2005. I also installed Lua 5.0 and added the directory to the PATH.

lua is not needed since it's included in scite; you need to move the lus scripts that we ship to the wscite path (as well as the properties files) and make sure that the main context props are loaded (in you user  props file)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: SciTE and TeXLive
@ 2006-01-31 22:59           ` Hooman Javidnia
From: Hooman Javidnia @ 2006-01-31 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Hooman Javidnia wrote:

> >> is ruby itself installed?
> >>

> > Yes, Ruby is installed. Typing ruby --version  at command  line returuns
> > ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i386-mswin32]
> > Also Perl is installed. Actually Perl is installed as part of
> > TeXLive2005. I also installed Lua 5.0 and added the directory to the PATH.
> >
> lua is not needed since it's included in scite; you need to move the lus scripts that we ship to the wscite path (as well as the properties files) and make sure that the main context props are loaded (in you user  props file)
>
> Hans

Where can I get these Lua scripts? Are there somewhere in my TeX system or
I have to download them from somewhere?

* Re: SciTE and TeXLive
@ 2006-02-01 20:50             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-02-01 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hooman Javidnia wrote:

> Where can I get these Lua scripts? Are there somewhere in my TeX system or
> I have to download them from somewhere?

this script is in the context zip

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: SciTE and TeXLive
@ 2006-02-03  5:06               ` Hooman Javidnia
From: Hooman Javidnia @ 2006-02-03  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Thanks for all the help. I have progressed a lot with the tips you gave
me. Now, I have two problems:

1) I can run "texmfstart newtexexec.rb --autopdf --pdf myfile.tex" from
Windows command line, but when I click on Build in SciTE's Tools menu, it
says: "THe system cannot find the file specified." I don't which file it
is mentioning.

2) I have copied the scite-ctx.properties file to SciTE's path, but I
still dont' get the wrapping and other ctx functionality.

I guess helping a new user is really a pain in the neck, but please bear
with me. Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Hooman Javidnia, Ph.D. Candidate
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Eng.
The University of Western Ontario
London, ON, N6A 5B9
Tel: (519) 661-2111 ext. 88270
email: javidnia [AT] engga [DOT] uwo [DOT] ca

* Re: SciTE and TeXLive
@ 2006-02-03 10:55                 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-02-03 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hooman Javidnia wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Thanks for all the help. I have progressed a lot with the tips you gave
> me. Now, I have two problems:
>
> 1) I can run "texmfstart newtexexec.rb --autopdf --pdf myfile.tex" from
> Windows command line, but when I click on Build in SciTE's Tools menu, it
> says: "THe system cannot find the file specified." I don't which file it
> is mentioning.

It can't find texmfstart. You need to have the TeXLive binary
directory in your global path (perhaps through autoexec.bat, but
windows is too long ago for me to be certain about that).

> 2) I have copied the scite-ctx.properties file to SciTE's path, but I
> still dont' get the wrapping and other ctx functionality.

You have to add a new line containing

	import context

to the bottom of the Global or User Options file in SciTE

And you have to copy <texmf>/scripts/context/lua/scite-ctx.lua to
the SciTE path as well.

Cheers, Taco

* Re: SciTE and TeXLive
@ 2006-02-03 21:55                   ` Hooman Javidnia
From: Hooman Javidnia @ 2006-02-03 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hooman Javidnia wrote:
> > Hi Hans,
> >
> > Thanks for all the help. I have progressed a lot with the tips you gave
> > me. Now, I have two problems:
> >
> > 1) I can run "texmfstart newtexexec.rb --autopdf --pdf myfile.tex" from
> > Windows command line, but when I click on Build in SciTE's Tools menu, it
> > says: "THe system cannot find the file specified." I don't which file it
> > is mentioning.
>
> It can't find texmfstart. You need to have the TeXLive binary
> directory in your global path (perhaps through autoexec.bat, but
> windows is too long ago for me to be certain about that).

Hi Taco,
Thanks for the hint. TeXLive binary directory and all the ConTeXt script
directory are in windows path and I can run and compile a sample ConTeXt
file from windows command line. Should I copy all those perl and ruby
scripts from their original location to TeXLive's bin folder, although
they are in the Path?

The problem is that SciTE can't find these
commands. Apparently, installing and configuring SciTE to work in Windows
is not as easy as Linux or other Unix-based OSs.

> > 2) I have copied the scite-ctx.properties file to SciTE's path, but I
> > still dont' get the wrapping and other ctx functionality.
>
> You have to add a new line containing
>
> 	import context
>
> to the bottom of the Global or User Options file in SciTE
>
> And you have to copy <texmf>/scripts/context/lua/scite-ctx.lua to
> the SciTE path as well.

I have done that already according to what Hans said. I have all
cont-*.properties files in SciTE's path and alson context.properties and
scite-ctx.lua in the same path. I have added the line "import context" to
the end of Global options files.

Still doesn't work. And even when I compile my test file from Windows
command line, some of the fonts are missing in the PDF file.

I really appreciate your patience and time.

Regards,

Hooman