* Differnce between context and latex math
@ 2005-05-26 13:48 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2005-05-26 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
      I am trying to move from latex to context, but it seems that the
defaults of both differ. Consider the following

\defineenumeration
       [theorem]
       [
       headstyle=bold,
       style=italic,
       location=hanging,
       text=Theorem,
       between=\blank
       ]

\starttext
\starttheorem
       This is  a test
       \placeformula
       \startformula
         a = b
       \stopformula
       And the test continues. Notice that the equation number is in
\type{\it}
       and not in \type{\upshape}.
\stoptheorem
\stoptext

Notice that the equation number is italic.

Compare this with something similar in latex

\documentclass{article}

\newtheorem{theorem}{Theorem}

\begin{document}
\begin{theorem}
       This is  a test
       \begin{equation}
         a = b
       \end{equation}
       And the test continues. Notice that the equation number is in
       \verb|\upshape| and not in \verb|\it|.
\end{theorem}
\end{document}

Here the equation number is in upshape. In latex equation numbers are
always in upshape irrespective of the font type of the surrounding
text. How can I get the same with context.

Thanks

--
Aditya Mahajan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-05-26 13:48 UTC | newest]