* Alignments side by side
@ 2006-01-14  7:24 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2006-01-14  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

I am wondering how I can put two alignment environments side-by-side?

For test purposes, it's OK to use this twice.

\placeformula[-]
\startformula
\eqalign{
   f(x)&=x^2-2x-3\cr
   f(x)&=x^02x+1-1-3\cr
   f(x)&=(x-1)^2-4}
\stopformula

I'd like to get two of these side-by-side, or something that will
typeset a similar result side-by-side.

Thanks.

* Re: Alignments side by side
@ 2006-01-14  7:32 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-01-14  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

<--- On Jan 13, David Arnold wrote --->

> All,
>
> I am wondering how I can put two alignment environments side-by-side?
>
> For test purposes, it's OK to use this twice.
>
> \placeformula[-]
> \startformula
> \eqalign{
> f(x)&=x^2-2x-3\cr
> f(x)&=x^02x+1-1-3\cr
> f(x)&=(x-1)^2-4}
> \stopformula
>
> I'd like to get two of these side-by-side, or something that will typeset a
> similar result side-by-side.

Not sure what you mean side by side, does using columns work for you?

\starttext

\startcolumns[n=2,tolerance=verytolerant]
  \placeformula[-]
  \startformula
  \eqalign{
   f(x)&=x^2-2x-3\cr
   f(x)&=x^02x+1-1-3\cr
   f(x)&=(x-1)^2-4}
  \stopformula
   \column
  \placeformula[-]
  \startformula
  \eqalign{
   f(x)&=x^2-2x-3\cr
   f(x)&=x^02x+1-1-3\cr
   f(x)&=(x-1)^2-4}
  \stopformula
\stopcolumns

\stoptext

Aditya

--
Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008

* Re: Alignments side by side
@ 2006-01-16  8:34 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2006-01-16  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi David,

you can play with placing floats in a combination:
\setupoutput[pdftex]
\setupformulae[location=left,margin=no]
\startbuffer[1]
\framed[frame=on,width=fit]
{\startformula
\eqalign{
  f(x)&=x2-2x-3\cr
  f(x)&=x^02x+1-1-3\cr
  f(x)&=(x-1)2-4}
\stopformula}
\stopbuffer

\startbuffer[2]
\framed[frame=on,width=fit]
{\startformula
\eqalign{
  f(x)&=x2-2x-3\cr
  f(x)&=x^02x+1-1-3\cr
  f(x)&=(x-1)2-4}
\stopformula}
\stopbuffer

\starttext
\placefigure[-]{none}
{\startcombination[2*1]
    {\externalfigure[1][width=.45\textwidth,type=buffer]}{}
    {\externalfigure[2][width=.45\textwidth,type=buffer]}{}
\stopcombination}
\stoptext

Willi