* Section Numbering
@ 2006-02-04 18:58 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-02-04 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well this should be very easy to do in context, but I can not seem to
find the right switches. For a document that I am writing, I want
section and subsection numbers to display as follows

A. Section 1
A-1 Section 1, subsection 1

B. Section 2

and  so on. What is the magic command?

Aditya

--
Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008

* Re: Section Numbering
@ 2006-02-05 12:03 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-02-05 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Well this should be very easy to do in context, but I can not seem to
> find the right switches. For a document that I am writing, I want
> section and subsection numbers to display as follows
>
> A. Section 1
> A-1 Section 1, subsection 1
>
> B. Section 2
>
> and  so on. What is the magic command?

This will give A, B etc. section numbers. I do not know about the rest

\setupsection
   [section-3]
   [bodypartconversion=Character]

Cheers, Taco

* Re: Section Numbering
@ 2006-02-05 17:28   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-02-05 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

<--- On Feb 5, Taco Hoekwater wrote --->

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> Well this should be very easy to do in context, but I can not seem to
>> find the right switches. For a document that I am writing, I want
>> section and subsection numbers to display as follows
>>
>> A. Section 1
>> A-1 Section 1, subsection 1
>>
>> B. Section 2
>>
>> and  so on. What is the magic command?
>
> This will give A, B etc. section numbers. I do not know about the rest
>
> \setupsection
>   [section-3]
>   [bodypartconversion=Character]

Thanks a lot. This gives me A, B, etc. I added

\setuphead[subsection]
           [separator=-]

to get a dash between the section number and subsection. In the
context manual, separator is not documented in \setuphead but rather
in \setupheads. I just tried it, crossed my fingers and it worked :)

Thanks,
Aditya