* Gnuplot - suggestions wanted
@ 2006-02-20 20:09 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-02-20 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've put some preliminary version of "context terminal" for gnuplot on
http://pub.mojca.org/gnuplot/.

Since the conversation about possible improvements of the terminal
would be a bit too much off-topic for this mailing list, you can join
the brainstorming area on

        http://groups.google.com/group/gnuplot-context.

If any gnuplot user is interested in the way that ConTeXt could
communicate with gnuplot, feel free to write suggestions on that list
or to me personally.

There's still much to be done, most notably handling text, 3D
plotting, color palettes as well as the ConTeXt-side of support
(direct inclusion of those graphics into documents & some
\setupGNUPLOT[... = ...]), but for 2D plots it's already useful.

If you want to try it, you can get source from
https://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=2055, add context.trm (you get
it on the link posted above) into term/ folder, add
    #include "context.trm"
to src/term.h and try to compile from within src folder. I've also
uploaded a windows binary, but I don't give any warranty for it (I'll
upload a slightly fixed version soon).

Mojca

* Re: Gnuplot - suggestions wanted
@ 2006-02-21  0:00 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-02-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

<--- On Feb 20, Mojca Miklavec wrote --->

> I've put some preliminary version of "context terminal" for gnuplot on
> http://pub.mojca.org/gnuplot/.

Looks really interesting.

> I've also uploaded a windows binary, but I don't give any warranty
> for it (I'll upload a slightly fixed version soon).

I downloaded all the files from the bin directory to my gnuplot/bin
directory. I get an error "wgnuplot.exe - Unableto Locate Component"
This application has failed to start because pdflib.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

(Windows XP professional + cygwin + Miktex + stand alone context)

Installing using the source will have to wait for sometime for me.

Aditya

--
Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008