* Bug with setupformulas and startalign?
@ 2006-04-14  1:43 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-04-14  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is this a bug or am I missing something simple?

\startmode[bug]
   \setupformulas[align=right, leftmargin=3em]
\stopmode

\starttext
\startformula \startalign
   \NC a \NC= b \NR
   \NC c \NC= d \NR
\stopalign \stopformula
\stoptext

Thanks,
Aditya

--
Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008

* Re: Bug with setupformulas and startalign?
@ 2006-04-14  1:53 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-04-14  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> Is this a bug or am I missing something simple?
>
> \startmode[bug]
>   \setupformulas[align=right, leftmargin=3em]
> \stopmode
>
> \starttext
> \startformula \startalign
>   \NC a \NC= b \NR
>   \NC c \NC= d \NR
> \stopalign \stopformula
> \stoptext

Should have given more details. When I compile using --mode=bug, I get
! You can't use `\halign' in math mode.
\aligneqalignno ->\prepareeqalignno \halign
                                             \ifcase \eqalignmode \or
to \dis...
<to be read again>
                    \NC
l.45   \NC
            a \NC= b \NR

I am using ConTeXt  ver: 2006.04.07 11:24  fmt: 2006.4.9

Thanks,
Aditya

--

@ 2006-04-14 18:30   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-14 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>

>> Is this a bug or am I missing something simple?
>>
>> \startmode[bug]
>>   \setupformulas[align=right, leftmargin=3em]
>> \stopmode
>>
>> \starttext
>> \startformula \startalign
>>   \NC a \NC= b \NR
>>   \NC c \NC= d \NR
>> \stopalign \stopformula
>> \stoptext
>>

> Should have given more details. When I compile using --mode=bug, I get
> ! You can't use `\halign' in math mode.
> \aligneqalignno ->\prepareeqalignno \halign
>                                              \ifcase \eqalignmode \or
> to \dis...
> <to be read again>
>                     \NC
> l.45   \NC
>             a \NC= b \NR
>
> I am using ConTeXt  ver: 2006.04.07 11:24  fmt: 2006.4.9

hm, some tricky interference with the surrounding math

i'll send you (and taco) a patch to check

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE