* textbackground and midaligned
@ 2006-05-18 22:13 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-05-18 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I encountered a very strange problem. The very presence of
\definetextbackground changed the meaning of \midaligned (and
\rightaligned). Attached are the minimal example that illustrate the
problem. The first file, nobackground.tex has no background and works
as expected. The second file background.tex has a textbackground and
\midaligned is no longer middle aligned.

Any insight into this strange behaviour?

Aditya

--
Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008

\setupcolors[state=start]
  \defineenumeration
    [Solution]
    [
      text=Solution,
      number=no,
      headcolor=darkblue,
      headstyle=bold,
      location=serried,
      width=broad,
      before=\blank,
      after=\blank]

  \definetextbackground
    [solution]
    [location=paragraph,
     rulethickness=1pt,
     framecolor=red,
     background=color,
     backgroundcolor=lightgray,
     leftoffset=1em,
     topoffset=1em]

  \def\startsolution
    {\startSolution}

 \def\stopsolution
  {\stopSolution}

\starttext

\startsolution
  \input tufte \endgraf
  \midaligned{
  \externalfigure{}
  }
\stopsolution

\stoptext

\setupcolors[state=start]
  \defineenumeration
    [Solution]
    [
      text=Solution,
      number=no,
      headcolor=darkblue,
      headstyle=bold,
      location=serried,
      width=broad,
      before=\blank,
      after=\blank]

  \definetextbackground
    [solution]
    [location=paragraph,
     rulethickness=1pt,
     framecolor=red,
     background=color,
     backgroundcolor=lightgray,
     leftoffset=1em,
     topoffset=1em]

  \def\startsolution
    {\starttextbackground[solution]
    \startSolution}

  \def\stopsolution
    {\stopSolution
     \stoptextbackground}

\starttext

\startsolution
  \input tufte \endgraf
  \midaligned{
  \externalfigure{}
  }
\stopsolution

\stoptext

* Re: textbackground and midaligned
@ 2006-05-19 12:43 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-05-19 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> I encountered a very strange problem. The very presence of
> \definetextbackground changed the meaning of \midaligned (and
> \rightaligned). Attached are the minimal example that illustrate the
> problem. The first file, nobackground.tex has no background and works
> as expected. The second file background.tex has a textbackground and
> \midaligned is no longer middle aligned.
>
> Any insight into this strange behaviour?
\def\doalignline#1#2% \\ == newline
 {\begingroup
  \setlocalhsize % new
  \def\\{\egroup\par\doalignline{#1}{#2}\bgroup}%
  \dowithnextbox
    {\noindentation  % change this line in core-spa.tex
     \hbox to \localhsize
       {\ifcase\alignstrutmode\or\strut\fi
         #1\unhbox\nextbox#2}\endgroup}
    \hbox}

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-05-19 14:30   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-05-19 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 19 May 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> I encountered a very strange problem. The very presence of
>> \definetextbackground changed the meaning of \midaligned (and
>> \rightaligned). Attached are the minimal example that illustrate the
>> problem. The first file, nobackground.tex has no background and works
>> as expected. The second file background.tex has a textbackground and
>> \midaligned is no longer middle aligned.
>>
>> Any insight into this strange behaviour?
> \def\doalignline#1#2% \\ == newline
> {\begingroup
>  \setlocalhsize % new
>  \def\\{\egroup\par\doalignline{#1}{#2}\bgroup}%
>  \dowithnextbox
>    {\noindentation  % change this line in core-spa.tex
>     \hbox to \localhsize
>       {\ifcase\alignstrutmode\or\strut\fi
>         #1\unhbox\nextbox#2}\endgroup}
>    \hbox}