* batch mode
@ 2006-05-09 21:59 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-05-09 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

--batch --interaction=batch does not always process file in batch
mode, while internally running mp.

\starttext
\startMPpage
   draw path ;
\stopMPpage
\stoptext

texmfstart texexec.rb --batch --interaction=batchmode --pdf test

should not stop at the error. However it does. Running ConTeXt  ver:
2006.05.08 23:37.

Aditya

--
Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008

* Re: batch mode
@ 2006-05-17 17:46 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-05-17 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> --batch --interaction=batch does not always process file in batch
> mode, while internally running mp.
>
> \starttext
> \startMPpage
>   draw path ;
> \stopMPpage
> \stoptext
>
> texmfstart texexec.rb --batch --interaction=batchmode --pdf test
>
> should not stop at the error.

Realized that the correct method to run it is
texmfstart texexec --batch --nonstopmode

Is --batch redundant here?

aditya

--

@ 2006-05-18  7:02   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-05-18  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Tue, 9 May 2006, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>

>>--batch --interaction=batch does not always process file in batch
>>mode, while internally running mp.
>>
>>\starttext
>>\startMPpage
>>  draw path ;
>>\stopMPpage
>>\stoptext
>>
>>texmfstart texexec.rb --batch --interaction=batchmode --pdf test
>>
>>should not stop at the error.
>

> Realized that the correct method to run it is
> texmfstart texexec --batch --nonstopmode
>
> Is --batch redundant here?

No, they are separate options, use:

   texmfstart texexec --batch
or
   texmfstart texexec --nonstopmode

The first has no terminal output, the second does.
(cf. \batchmode and \nonstopmode).  texexec does
not interpret --interaction at all, but maybe this works:

   texmfstart texexec.rb --passon='--interaction=batchmode'

Cheers, Taco

* Re: batch mode
@ 2006-05-19 20:05     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-05-19 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 18 May 2006, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> On Tue, 9 May 2006, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>

>>> --batch --interaction=batch does not always process file in batch
>>> mode, while internally running mp.
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> \startMPpage
>>>  draw path ;
>>> \stopMPpage
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>>> texmfstart texexec.rb --batch --interaction=batchmode --pdf test
>>>
>>> should not stop at the error.
>>

>> Realized that the correct method to run it is
>> texmfstart texexec --batch --nonstopmode
>>
>> Is --batch redundant here?
>
> No, they are separate options, use:
>
>   texmfstart texexec --batch
> or
>   texmfstart texexec --nonstopmode
>
> The first has no terminal output, the second does.
> (cf. \batchmode and \nonstopmode).  texexec does
> not interpret --interaction at all, but maybe this works:
>
>   texmfstart texexec.rb --passon='--interaction=batchmode'

Nope. texexec.rb does not honour --passon. A quick search of "passon"
in all sources just returns mptopdf.pl texexec.pl and texutil.pl

With texmfstart --verbose texexec --passon='--interaction=nonstopmode'
-- verbose test, I get

using 'system' call: ruby
e:/isoimage/usr/local/context/tex/texmf-local/scripts/context/ruby/texexec.rb
--verbose --passon=--interaction=nonstopmode test

TeXExec | running: pdfetex -progname=context -fmt=cont-en
-translate-file=natural.tcx  test.tex \emergencyend

and in the log file

system(mpost  -progname=metafun -mem=metafun test-mpgraph)...executed.

I need this to properly set makeprg for context in vim. Vim expects
that the compiler will not run in an interactive manner.

Adding a \nonstopmode on the top of the file works correctly. That is,
it calls mpost with -int=nonstopmode.

What is texexec equivalent of 'latex \\nonstopmode \\input file'

calling 'texmfstart texexec \\nonstopmode \\input file' treats the
inputs as two files.

Aditya