* Page Numbers in TOC; setuplabeltext
@ 2006-05-31 23:32 Neal Lester
From: Neal Lester @ 2006-05-31 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the table of context for my documents, I would like Chapters to
have page numbers with alternative=c.  However, my Appendices are not
paginated so I do not want them to have page numbers in the TOC.
Since (apparently), Appendix inherits from Chapter, each Appendix is
listed in the TOC with leading dots and page number "0" regardless of
what I put in \setuplist [appendix] when using \placecontent or
\completecontent.

So I tried creating my own head (based on title) and list.  Placing
this list under the TOC gives me the effect I want (Appendices are
listed without dots or page numbers).  Unfortunately, setuplabeltext
doesn't seem to work on my newly defined head.  I've tried all manner
of variations like:

\definelist [myappendixlist]
\setuplist [myappendixlist]
[pagenumber=no,alternative=b,label=yes,conversion=Character]

\definehead[myappendix][title]
\def\appendixlabel#1#2{Appendix #1: #2}
\setuphead[myappendix][command=\appendixlabel]
%
\setuplabeltext [en][myappendix=Appendix~]

\newcounter\myappendices

\long\def\myappendix#1%
    {\ifhmode\unskip\fi
     \doglobal\increment\myappendices\relax
     \high{\myappendices}%
     \expanded{\writetolist[myappendixlist]{\myappendices}}{#1}}

1) Is there a way to suppress the display of Appendix page numbers in
a TOC while retaining alternative=c for Chapters?

2) Assuming the answer to (1) is no, how do I enable display of
labels in my custom defined head?

Thanks, Neal

* Re: Page Numbers in TOC; setuplabeltext
@ 2006-05-31 23:41 ` Neal Lester
From: Neal Lester @ 2006-05-31 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

>\definelist [myappendixlist]
>\setuplist [myappendixlist]
>[pagenumber=no,alternative=b,label=yes,conversion=Character]
>
>\definehead[myappendix][title]
>\def\appendixlabel#1#2{Appendix #1: #2}
>\setuphead[myappendix][command=\appendixlabel]
>%
>\setuplabeltext [en][myappendix=Appendix~]
>
>\newcounter\myappendices
>
>\long\def\myappendix#1%
>     {\ifhmode\unskip\fi
>      \doglobal\increment\myappendices\relax
>      \high{\myappendices}%
>      \expanded{\writetolist[myappendixlist]{\myappendices}}{#1}}

3) How can I make the numbers in myappendixlist appear as A B C (as
Appendix does) instead of 1, 2, 3

Sorry about the second post!

@ 2006-06-02  3:05 ` Neal Lester
From: Neal Lester @ 2006-06-02  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

>1) Is there a way to suppress the display of Appendix page numbers in
>a TOC while retaining alternative=c for Chapters?

I got the effect I wanted by hijacking subsubsection and subsubsubsection.

Is there a way to change the subsubsubsection numbers to letters?

@ 2006-06-02  5:04   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-06-02  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, Neal Lester wrote:

> Is there a way to change the subsubsubsection numbers to letters?

\setupsection[section-6][bodypartconversion=Character] should do the
trick

section-1 corresponds to part, section-2 to chapter, and so on.

Aditya