From: Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>
Subject: Re: bib module beta test
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:05:11 -0400 (EDT)	[thread overview]

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>>
>> Something is wrong with alternative=num|num-fr. Consider
>
> Thanks for testing. I've uploaded a new version that fixes
> this problem as well as the suddenly required
>
> 	\placepublications[criterium=previous]

All my examples work fine with the new release. I have not tested the
new features yet. However, I observed something strange with bibtex.

Does bibtex only look at the files in the $TEXMFLOCAL tree?
Specifically, does it only check files in the ls-R inside $TEXMFLOCAL
tree? Earlier I used to put all the IEEEfull and IEEEabrv bib files in
texmf-local and bibtex could find them happily. Now, to organize
things better, I do not touch texmf-local but put all my "personal"
files in texmf-project. Bibtex can not seem to find the bib files in
texmf-project, while texmfstart --locate finds it. So, I am guessing
that bibtex does not look in ls-R in all the trees in $TEXMF.

Is this expected behaviour, or is something misconfigured on my
computer.

Aditya

PS: I am using the bibtex that comes with the windows stand alone
installer of context. This is what bibtex -version says

BibTeX 0.99c (Web2C 7.5.5)
kpathsea version 3.5.5
Copyright (C) 1997-2005 Oren Patashnik.
Kpathsea is copyright (C) 1997-2005 Karl Berry and Olaf Weber.
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the BibTeX copyright and
the Lesser GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the BibTeX source.
Primary author of BibTeX: Oren Patashnik.
Kpathsea written by Karl Berry and others.