* Linux upgrade
@ 2006-06-22 23:18 John R. Culleton
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: John R. Culleton @ 2006-06-22 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have been working with two versions of TeX, neither one of
which is new enough to accomodate all the latest Context bells and
whistles.  I tried downloading context.zip and installing it on my
standard /usr/share/texmf tree. No joy. I get messages telling me to use the
texmfstart command instead. This is as I recall a Windows thingie.
So next I tried linux binaries only. Still no joy.

Let me start all over. Assuming a working TeX installation
(either tetex or texlive 2005) what incantation must I perform to
upgrade to the latest stable Context and what specific zip file
should I use?

It appears that Context is set up primarily for Windows but I use
Slackware Linux 10.2.

--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: