* small new feature on the wiki
@ 2006-07-12  9:05 Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2006-07-12  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

since there might be some users here who edit pages on the wiki and
who don't read the 'recent changes' page:

you can now say

<context source="yes" text="produces">
\your \TeX \code=here
</context>

this will typeset the source with the <texcode>....</texcode>
highlighter/formatter, then output the (optional) text 'produces', and
finally renders the already known graphical representation of the
source. This way you only have to enter the code once (less errors).
Special thanks to Jano Kula for this.

Example at

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Right_and_left

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: small new feature on the wiki
@ 2006-07-14 19:01 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-07-14 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> since there might be some users here who edit pages on the wiki and
> who don't read the 'recent changes' page:
>
> you can now say
>
> <context source="yes" text="produces">
> \your \TeX \code=here
> </context>
>
> this will typeset the source with the <texcode>....</texcode>
> highlighter/formatter, then output the (optional) text 'produces', and
> finally renders the already known graphical representation of the
> source. This way you only have to enter the code once (less errors).
> Special thanks to Jano Kula for this.
>
> Example at
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Right_and_left

very nice

btw, we should start thinking of a proper export so that one can typeset a wiki page

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-07-18 17:46 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-07-18 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> since there might be some users here who edit pages on the wiki and
> who don't read the 'recent changes' page:
>
> you can now say
>
> <context source="yes" text="produces">
> \your \TeX \code=here
> </context>
>
> this will typeset the source with the <texcode>....</texcode>
> highlighter/formatter, then output the (optional) text 'produces', and
> finally renders the already known graphical representation of the
> source. This way you only have to enter the code once (less errors).
> Special thanks to Jano Kula for this.

Patrick,
  This is great for creating new code as well as editing existing one.
However, is it possible to change the width of the image that is
created. I fine the default A4 paper width to be too large and
ususally add a
\setuplayout[width=13cm]
in the context code. Is it possible to do this with the new feature?

Aditya

* Re: small new feature on the wiki
@ 2006-07-18 19:07   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2006-07-18 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Aditya,

[...]

>> <context source="yes" text="produces">
>> \your \TeX \code=here
>> </context>

>   This is great for creating new code as well as editing existing one.
> However, is it possible to change the width of the image that is
> created. I fine the default A4 paper width to be too large and
> ususally add a
> \setuplayout[width=13cm]
> in the context code. Is it possible to do this with the new feature?

If we agree on a common page size, I could easily put it in there. If
we don't agree on one, I could perhaps say <context source="..."
width="13cm">. This would take a few more minutes to implement (I
still have to implement that the source and the results are next to
each other (left/right).)

Patrick

(the texshow-web help page is now available)

--

@ 2006-07-18 19:21     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-07-18 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7/18/06, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hello Aditya,
>

> [...]
>
> >> <context source="yes" text="produces">
> >> \your \TeX \code=here
> >> </context>
>
> >   This is great for creating new code as well as editing existing one.
> > However, is it possible to change the width of the image that is
> > created. I fine the default A4 paper width to be too large and
> > ususally add a
> > \setuplayout[width=13cm]
> > in the context code. Is it possible to do this with the new feature?
>

> If we agree on a common page size, I could easily put it in there. If
> we don't agree on one, I could perhaps say <context source="..."
> width="13cm">. This would take a few more minutes to implement (I
> still have to implement that the source and the results are next to
> each other (left/right).)

I also suggest scaling down to approximately 0.7 (70%). It's difficult
to tell the exact size, but it's nice if the example fits on 800(?)
pixel wide screen. I have a bad feeling for what the width should be
since I feel claustrophobic on anything below 1200 pixels anyway.

Mojca

* Re: small new feature on the wiki
@ 2006-07-18 20:03       ` Adam Lindsay
From: Adam Lindsay @ 2006-07-18 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>> If we agree on a common page size, I could easily put it in there. If
>> we don't agree on one, I could perhaps say <context source="..."
>> width="13cm">. This would take a few more minutes to implement (I
>> still have to implement that the source and the results are next to
>> each other (left/right).)
>
> I also suggest scaling down to approximately 0.7 (70%). It's difficult
> to tell the exact size, but it's nice if the example fits on 800(?)
> pixel wide screen. I have a bad feeling for what the width should be
> since I feel claustrophobic on anything below 1200 pixels anyway.

Mm, I'd have misgivings about scaling down any more: a lot of detail
gets hard to see with the renders, especially with the default LM.
  Adam T. Lindsay, Computing Dept.     atl@comp.lancs.ac.uk
  Lancaster University, InfoLab21        +44(0)1524/510.514
  Lancaster, LA1 4WA, UK             Fax:+44(0)1524/510.492

* Re: small new feature on the wiki
@ 2006-07-18 21:03     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-07-18 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Patrick,

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> [...]
>
>>> <context source="yes" text="produces">
>>> \your \TeX \code=here
>>> </context>
>
>>   This is great for creating new code as well as editing existing one.
>> However, is it possible to change the width of the image that is
>> created. I fine the default A4 paper width to be too large and
>> ususally add a
>> \setuplayout[width=13cm]
>> in the context code. Is it possible to do this with the new feature?
>

> If we agree on a common page size, I could easily put it in there. If
> we don't agree on one, I could perhaps say <context source="..."
> width="13cm">. This would take a few more minutes to implement (I
> still have to implement that the source and the results are next to
> each other (left/right).)

I think that it this is better. <context ... width="13cm"> or <context
... scale="0.8"> will give enough flexibility.

Aditya