* Extra vertical space in intertext
@ 2006-08-15 17:53 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-08-15 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
  There is an extra vertical space in the first set of formulas, while
the vertical spacing in the second set appears to be fine. I can not
figure out why this should happen. Even if you comment the
setupformulas line, the first set of formulas seem to allocate more
space for the intertext.

\setupformulas[align=right,spacebefore=none,spaceafter=none]
% There appears to be extra space, even if I put
% spacebefore=spaceafter=big
% align = right is for visualization purpose only
\starttext
\startTEXpage
\startformula \startalign
   \NC A \NC B \NR
   \intertext{test}
   \NC C \NC D \NR
\stopalign \stopformula
test outside formula
\startformula \startalign
   \NC A \NC B \NR
   \intertext{test}
   \NC C \NC D \NR
\stopalign \stopformula
\blank[big]
\startformula \startalign
   \NC \int_0^1 \NC B \NR
   \intertext{test}
   \NC \int_0^1 \NC D \NR
\stopalign \stopformula
test outside formula
\startformula \startalign
   \NC \int_0^1 \NC B \NR
   \intertext{test}
   \NC \int_0^1 \NC D \NR
\stopalign \stopformula
\stopTEXpage
\stoptext

And what is happening with the start stop TEX page here. Why is the
last line cut off!

Thanks,
Aditya

* Re: Extra vertical space in intertext
@ 2006-08-15 21:33 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-08-15 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> And what is happening with the start stop TEX page here. Why is the
> last line cut off!

looks ok here

it's a \framed thing, so you may have side effects due to math axis or so

(maybe i should make it a stream)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-08-15 21:38 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-08-15 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Hi,
>   There is an extra vertical space in the first set of formulas, while
> the vertical spacing in the second set appears to be fine. I can not
> figure out why this should happen. Even if you comment the

That is related to \openup. Adding \def\displayopenupvalue{0pt}
makes (nearly) all whitespace go away.

> And what is happening with the start stop TEX page here. Why is the
> last line cut off!

Because of some vertical whitespace trickery context does, it
needs something to set off against.

   \stopalign \stopformula
   ~
   \stopTEXpage

That is a bit silly, but the fastest thing I can come up with.

Cheers,
Taco

* Re: Extra vertical space in intertext
@ 2006-08-15 23:17   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-08-15 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   There is an extra vertical space in the first set of formulas, while
>> the vertical spacing in the second set appears to be fine. I can not
>> figure out why this should happen. Even if you comment the
>
> That is related to \openup. Adding \def\displayopenupvalue{0pt}
> makes (nearly) all whitespace go away.

Should this be included in the definition of \dointertext (or
\forgetall) or would that be too drastic?

@ 2006-08-16 17:16     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-08-16 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/16/06, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>   There is an extra vertical space in the first set of formulas, while
> >> the vertical spacing in the second set appears to be fine. I can not
> >> figure out why this should happen. Even if you comment the
> >
> > That is related to \openup. Adding \def\displayopenupvalue{0pt}
> > makes (nearly) all whitespace go away.
>
> Should this be included in the definition of \dointertext (or
> \forgetall) or would that be too drastic?

The problem with TEXpage is not only related to math. Another example
with strange results:

\starttext
\startTEXpage
\chapter{Bla}
Hello world!\crlf
Hello world!
\stopTEXpage
\stoptext

I guess that \startTEXpage should be fixed before you start hacking
any math settings.

Mojca