* MathPazo & Palatino
@ 2006-09-06 21:46 Pepe Barbe
From: Pepe Barbe @ 2006-09-06 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am using Palatino to typeset my document and it involves a fair use
of maths typesetting, and seems Palatino is incomplete for some of it.

I've read about the MathPazo LaTeX package and about previous
discussions about it in this list, but nothing conclusive.

Anything anyone would recommend to typeset math with Palatino without
any sort of Caveat?

Thanks,
Pepe

* Re: MathPazo & Palatino
@ 2006-09-06 22:08 ` Steve Grathwohl
From: Steve Grathwohl @ 2006-09-06 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/6/06, Pepe Barbe <elventear@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Palatino to typeset my document and it involves a fair use
> of maths typesetting, and seems Palatino is incomplete for some of it.
>
> I've read about the MathPazo LaTeX package and about previous
> discussions about it in this list, but nothing conclusive.
>
> Anything anyone would recommend to typeset math with Palatino without
> any sort of Caveat?
>
> Thanks,
> Pepe

That must be some heavy maths if Palatino out of the box can't do it. It
makes use of the pxfonts set for math which is very complete, including
everything the amsfonts contain and more besides. Certainly more complete
than  MathPazo IIRC.

Steve

--
Steve Grathwohl || Digital Content Developer
Duke University Press Journals || +1 919 687 3634

* Re: MathPazo & Palatino
@ 2006-09-06 23:10   ` Pepe Barbe
From: Pepe Barbe @ 2006-09-06 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/6/06, Steve Grathwohl <sgrathwohl@gmail.com> wrote:

> That must be some heavy maths if Palatino out of the box can't do it. It
> makes use of the pxfonts set for math which is very complete, including
> everything the amsfonts contain and more besides. Certainly more complete
> than  MathPazo IIRC.

They are not that complicated but I need to use Bold a lot for
Matrices and Vectors. AFAIK, and in my experiments not all glyphs
worked as bold when doing math. I don't know if I am calling palatino
correctly or what. I understood that I could get bold through
MathPazo.

Pepe

* Re: MathPazo & Palatino
@ 2006-09-07  3:25     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-09-07  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Pepe Barbe wrote:

> On 9/6/06, Steve Grathwohl <sgrathwohl@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> That must be some heavy maths if Palatino out of the box can't do it. It
>> makes use of the pxfonts set for math which is very complete, including
>> everything the amsfonts contain and more besides. Certainly more complete
>> than  MathPazo IIRC.
>
> They are not that complicated but I need to use Bold a lot for
> Matrices and Vectors. AFAIK, and in my experiments not all glyphs
> worked as bold when doing math. I don't know if I am calling palatino
> correctly or what. I understood that I could get bold through
> MathPazo.

How do you call bold? ConTeXt's inbuilt support for bold math does not
work in all situations. Check the wiki for a \hbox workaround and see
if that helps.

Aditya