* Two misfeatures in placefigure
@ 2006-10-25  1:38 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-10-25  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

  I found two misfeatures in placefigure.

1) with \placefigure[top] the figure can float to the top of the page,
even if the page starts a title or a chapter.

2) The paragraph after the figure is indented, even if it comes right
after a \section.

For example,

\setupindenting[medium,yes]
\setupfloats[indentnext=no]
\starttext
\chapter{This is a test}

\section{Introduction}

\placefigure[top][test]
   {Sample Figure}{}
\input knuth
\stoptext

Notice that the figure is on the top of the page and the first
paragraph of knuth is indented. I could not find any options to turn
these features off. I think that (2) is hard to detect, and \noindent
before the paragraph is a workaround, but I could not find any
work-around for (1) other than moving the \placefigure invocation to
somewhere later.

Aditya