From: Julian G <juliangmp@pm.me>
Subject: Re: How to use ConTeXt extensions with VS Code
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 21:18:34 +0000	[thread overview]

On Monday, 2 September 2019 20:47, Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 9/2/2019 7:35 PM, Jeong Dal wrote:
>
> > Dear Hans,

> > Yes, syntax coloring works after choosing the context color scheme.
> > I find a following task file to compile a file from vscode, but it
> > doesn’t work.
> > Here is the error message:
> > /bin/bash: context: command not found
> > The terminal process terminated with exit code: 127
> > %%%%%
> > {
> > // See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=
> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=733558
> > // for the documentation about the tasks.json format
> > "version": "2.0.0",
> > "tasks": [
> > {
> > "label": "ConTeXt build",
> > "type": "shell",
> > // Keep in mind that the file path here has to be changed
> > "command": "context myfile.tex",
> > "group": {
> > "kind": "build",
> > "isDefault": true
> > // Since we set this task to the default build task, you can
> > // run it with a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+B by default)
> > }
> > }
> > ]
> > }
> > %%%%%%%
> > i am using ConTeXtLMTX installed ~/ConTeXtLMTX/.
>
> you probably need to set the path before you start the editor
>
> Hans

> webpage : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
> archive : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/
> wiki : http://contextgarden.net

Hello,

I tried searching for that file but didn't find it, there's also no "vscode" script listed when running "mtxrun --script"

I installed using texlive on windows, is the script only shipped on the standalone installation?

If it's possible to create a fully fledged ConTeXt extension for vscode with these files, I would try to create it. I'm not that experienced with javascript, but I think I should be able to get some stuff done. You could also utlize some code from the existing LaTeX workshop extension ( https://github.com/James-Yu/LaTeX-Workshop ), since it features a pdf preview with working synctex.

Best regards,
Julian