From: Jan Ulrich Hasecke via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Cc: Jan Ulrich Hasecke <juh+ntg-context@mailbox.org>
Subject: Re: improve bad habits deduplicate redundant defined values
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 15:52:56 +0200	[thread overview]

Am Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 12:57:36PM +0000 schrieb denis.maier@unibe.ch:
> Ok. So in general you deal with diverging demands by creating new environments that you can load selectively?
> I currently struggle with a similar question: In one project I typeset articles for a journal from XML sources with ConTeXt. Obviously, these articles should rely on the same environment files. But how would you deal with those cases where you'd need a slightly different table layout in one article?

We had this slightly change with headline numbering. Default in our
reports is arabic numbers but in one report we need a mix of capital
letters and numbers (A, A.1, A.2, B, B.1 etc.) I simply made two small
style files for numbering.

> > It took a long time until I realized that these files are best stored in texmf-
> > project. I use namespaces like hs. and juh. to separate the environment files of
> > my cooperative and my own files.
>
> Interesting. I think I'll need to adopt something similar...

My main concern now is to deploy ConTeXt to multiple users. If some
would go with Texlive distributions from debian stable and some with lmtx distribution there would be a mess sooner or later. So I decided that we all go with the lmtx distribution and clone our git repos for images and styles into texmf-project. I also have something in texmf-local, namely icc files and the module statistical-charts. I don't know how to decide what goes to project and what to local.

> > Eg. we managed to insert \startstopparagraph[foo] command into the ConTeXt
> > source by this simple markdown code:
>
> Why do you use \startstopparagraph[foo] instead of \startstopfoo for theses cases?

Good question. \startstopparagraph was more explicit
I think. But now that you ask I think, that with startstopfoo we might
succeed with one lua filter for a lot more context constructs such as
makeups etc.

juh

--
Autoren-Homepage: ......... http://literatur.hasecke.com