* OpenBSD install
@ 2022-05-13  6:10 Angel M Alganza via ntg-context
From: Angel M Alganza via ntg-context @ 2022-05-13  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Angel M Alganza

Hello,

I've just started upgrading some systems to OpenBSD 7.1 (released last
month) and found out there isn't a link to download LMTX for OpenBSD 7.1
at https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installation.

I then thought I'd try to see if the previous versions (for 6.9 or 6.8)
would work on 7.1, but it turned out that all four links (for both
32bits and 64bits) won't work.  FreeBSD and Linux links work fine,

Any help for me to get the installation scripts for OpenBSD 7.1, please?

Thank you in advance.
Cheers,
Ángel

* Re: OpenBSD install
@ 2022-05-13  7:02 ` Angel M Alganza via ntg-context
From: Angel M Alganza via ntg-context @ 2022-05-13  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Angel M Alganza

Hello again,

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 08:10:02AM +0200, Angel M Alganza via ntg-context wrote:

>There isn't a link to download LMTX for OpenBSD 7.1 at
>https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installation.

Sorry about the noise.  I just found the official download page at
Pragma, where the links for both, the 32bits and 42bits installation
scripts for OpenBSD 7.1 work just fine.

http://www.pragma-ade.com/install.htm

Cheers,
Ángel

* Re: OpenBSD install
@ 2022-05-13  7:02 ` Mojca Miklavec via ntg-context
       [not found]   ` <Yn4Jlx3WF9p4YMRy@zombi.ugr.es>
From: Mojca Miklavec via ntg-context @ 2022-05-13  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Angel,

V pet., 13. maj 2022 08:15 je oseba Angel M Alganza via ntg-context <
ntg-context@ntg.nl> napisala:

> Hello,
>
> I've just started upgrading some systems to OpenBSD 7.1 (released last
> month) and found out there isn't a link to download LMTX for OpenBSD 7.1
> at https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Installation.

The wiki page was outdated. Can you please check again?
(My browser refuses opening http links from an https site, I'm not sure if
Hans configured https on his server.)

> I then thought I'd try to see if the previous versions (for 6.9 or 6.8)
> would work on 7.1, but it turned out that all four links (for both
> 32bits and 64bits) won't work.

At the moment we only support 7.0 and 7.1 (32-binaries are still there, but
unless someone needs them, we'll likely remove them).

Mojca

* Re: OpenBSD install
       [not found]     ` <CALBOmsa2YbX4_kiSfsvBesq3-UP7JwL3nRFoqUMxvxt50aRr3A@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2022-05-13  8:26       ` Angel M Alganza via ntg-context
From: Angel M Alganza via ntg-context @ 2022-05-13  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Angel M Alganza

Hi again,

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 09:39:06AM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>Are you able to (log in and) edit wiki pages yourself?
>I can of course edit this now, but this can be community effort. I
>will surely forget to update the page in 6 months when the next
>OpenBSD version gets released.

I could create an account to do that.  I suppose there is no problem in
doing so, and, of course, I'd gladly update the links for the next
release in 6 months (I see you have already done that for the 32bits
also, thank you!).

I think a good solution instead of linking to all individual
files, could be to link to the official download page once:

http://www.pragma-ade.com/install.htm

>So you plan to keep using the 32-bit binaries for OpenBSD?

I am, yes.  I am migrating almost all 32bit boxes both at work and at
home to Haiku and OpenBSD, since Linux is getting more and more resource
demanding day by day (even Devuan, which can be configured to be very
lightweight).  I would really appreciate if you kept providing them.

Cheers,
Ángel