* Three basic questions on alignment
@ 2003-09-24 17:48 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2003-09-24 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

May I add something to the previous "Alignment" thread?

I have 3 cases where the usual command "align=left|right|... doesn't work:

1) \setuppagenumbering [alternative=doublesided,location={header,inmargin}]

The page number is aligned left on a right page and vice versa.
How can I change this to align left on left pages and right on right pages?
(So the page number doesn't rag when flipping from page 1 to 100)

2) \setupheader[style=\MyStyle] \setupheadertexts[section][][][chapter]

The chapter title behaves like the pagenumber. How can I change the alignment from inner to outer here?

3) \setupfootnotedefinition[location=inleft]

The footnote's numbers here are aligned left, both on the left and the right page.
What would be the command to align them right, with a constant distant to the note's text?

In all cases I couldn't use align=left|right|..., so I guess there must be the same other syntax suitable for all three?

Does anybody has an idea?

Grazie, Steffen

* Re: Three basic questions on alignment
@ 2003-09-27 20:43 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-09-27 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Steffen,

> 1) \setuppagenumbering [alternative=doublesided,location={header,inmargin}]

> The page number is aligned left on a right page and vice versa.
> How can I change this to align left on left pages and right on right pages?
> (So the page number doesn't rag when flipping from page 1 to 100)

Could you please be more verbose where exaclty you want the
pagenumber? Please check with

\setuppagenumbering
     [alternative=doublesided,
      location={header,inmargin}]
\showframe
\starttext
\dorecurse{40}{\input tufte }
\stoptext

where and how should the 1 be aligned? You want it in the margin, but
how far to the right?

> 2) \setupheader[style=\MyStyle] \setupheadertexts[section][][][chapter]
>
> The chapter title behaves like the pagenumber. How can I change the
> alignment from inner to outer here?

outer of what?

\setuppagenumbering
     [alternative=doublesided,
      location={header,inmargin}]
\setupheadertexts[section][][][chapter]
\showframe
\starttext
\dorecurse{10}{\chapter{chaptertitle}
        \input tufte
        \dorecurse{5}{\section{crazy section}
        \input tufte }}
\stoptext

> 3) \setupfootnotedefinition[location=inleft]
Sorry, can't help you here. don't know anything about footnotes.
Please provide an example.

And a note: please provide minimal but complete (!!!) examples. It
saves much time on giving me (and others) an idea of what you want.
And be more specific about inner/outer and alignment.

To emphasize the importance (for me) once again:

And a note: please provide minimal but complete (!!!) examples. It
saves much time on giving me (and others) an idea of what you want.
And be more specific about inner/outer and alignment.

Patrick
--
You are your own rainbow!

* Re: Three basic questions on alignment
@ 2003-09-28  7:26 ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2003-09-28  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

my solution would be like this:

>I have 3 cases where the usual command "align=left|right|... doesn't work:
>

>1) \setuppagenumbering [alternative=doublesided,location={header,inmargin}]
>
>The page number is aligned left on a right page and vice versa.
>How can I change this to align left on left pages and right on right pages?
>(So the page number doesn't rag when flipping from page 1 to 100)

\setupheadertexts[][section][chapter][] % that wasn't too difficult o)

>2) \setupheader[style=\MyStyle] \setupheadertexts[section][][][chapter]
>
>The chapter title behaves like the pagenumber. How can I change the alignment from inner to outer here?

\def\mypagenumber#1{\inframed[width=\marginwidth,frame=on,align={\doifoddpageelse{left}{right}}]{#1}}
\setuppagenumbering [command=\mypagenumber,alternative=doublesided,location={header,inmargin}]

>3) \setupfootnotedefinition[location=inleft]
>
>The footnote's numbers here are aligned left, both on the left and the right page.
>What would be the command to align them right, with a constant distant to the note's text?

\def\myFNnumber#1{\inframed[width=20pt,offset=.0em,frame=on,align=right]{#1}}
\setupfootnotedefinition[command=\myFNnumber,location=left]

Probably not very elaborated - but it's working.

Steffen