* Re: Expert version: How to make empty pages by  default empty?
@ 2003-09-19 20:04 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2003-09-19 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

>  At 10:05 19/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>  >Hi Steffen,
>

>  > > \definepagebreak
>  > >     [chapter]
>  > >     [yes,header,right]
>
>  \definepagebreak
>     [chapter]
>     [empty,header,right]

Sorry, but that doesn't work.

When changed the minimal example to...

\definepagebreak
    [chapter]
    [empty,header,right]

\setuphead
    [chapter]
    [page=chapter,]

\starttext
\startfrontmatter
    \completecontent
\stopfrontmatter
\startbodymatter
\chapter {test} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
\chapter {test} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
\chapter {test} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
\stopbodymatter

\stoptext

... we have page numbers on (empty) page number 4, 18 and 19!

Plus there are two strange empty empty pages before the TOC?!

Steffen

* Re: Expert version: How to make empty pages by  default empty?
@ 2003-09-19 14:06 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2003-09-19 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-09-19 13:24     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-09-19 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi again,

> \definepagebreak
>    [chapter]
>    [empty,header,right]

I don't get it:

\definepagebreak
   [chapter]
   [empty,header,right]

\setuphead
  [chapter]
  [page=chapter,
]

\setupsectionblock[frontmatter][page=chpater]

\starttext
\startfrontmatter
  \completecontent
\stopfrontmatter
\startbodymatter
\chapter {test} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
\chapter {test} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
\chapter {test} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
\stopbodymatter

\stoptext
gives me a 19 page document.

page    contents
1       empty
2       empty
3       pagenumber, toc
4       pagenumber
5       empty
6       empty
7       pagenumber, text
17      pagenumber, text
18      pagenumber
19      pagenumber

The only pages I understand is 7--17. Why isn't the toc placed on page
one? Why is the page 4 headed with the pagenumber?
What is page 18 and 19 doing in the pdf file?

Patrick

* Re: Expert version: How to make empty pages by default empty?
@ 2003-09-19 13:18     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-09-19 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

> \definepagebreak
>    [chapter]
>    [empty,header,right]

could you explain in a few words what these keywords mean and how
they should be used? I can imagine what "right" is doing.

Patrick
--
Silent is the goldfish in its bowl

* Re: Expert version: How to make empty pages by default empty?
       [not found] ` <Pine.LNX.4.44.0309190954001.2463-100000@dunedain.cs.tu-ber lin.de>
@ 2003-09-19 12:26   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-19 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 10:05 19/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi Steffen,

> > \definepagebreak
> >     [chapter]
> >     [yes,header,right]

\definepagebreak
   [chapter]
   [empty,header,right]

since yes+right in your case equals right; think of

yes yes yes == yes

and right right right ... being notthing when already on right

previous versions of context used to do a more hard coded pagebreak at
section blocks (but i got so many complaints about that that i softened it)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Expert version: How to make empty pages by default empty?
@ 2003-09-19  9:38   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-09-19  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Holger Schöner <hfsch@cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

Hi,

> For some reason the example you provided does not work at all for me
> (there is no page break before chapters; perhaps my ConTeXt is too
> old), so I'm sorry, I could not test this suggestion.

how old is your ConTeXt Version? It must be more than one year old
(that is if my memory serves me right).

Patrick
--

@ 2003-09-19  8:05 ` Holger Schöner
       [not found] ` <Pine.LNX.4.44.0309190954001.2463-100000@dunedain.cs.tu-ber lin.de>
From: Holger Schöner @ 2003-09-19  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Steffen,

I could not confirm the following in the ConTeXt source code (could not find
the definition), but I might be remembering a similar case, where I wanted
special setups for chapters and wondered why the contents were shown
differently. As far as I remember, I solved it by using \setuphead not only
for chapter, but also for title (and/or some others?), so this might help
for your problem as well ...

--
Holger F. Schoener	TU Berlin; Dept. IV: EE and Computer Science
hfsch@cs.tu-berlin.de	http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~hfsch/

* Expert version: How to make empty pages by default empty?
@ 2003-09-18  7:08 Steffen Wolfrum
       [not found] ` <Pine.LNX.4.44.0309190954001.2463-100000@dunedain.cs.tu-ber lin.de>