* a footnote bug?
@ 2004-08-18 13:09 esther+steffen
From: esther+steffen @ 2004-08-18 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

when setting the \setupfootnotedefinition
with location=margin, or location=inleft
there is always a little distance between footnote number and footnote text.
Neither width nor distance can affect it.

Does this distance cannot be adjusted?

Thank you,
Steffen Wolfrum

* Re: a footnote bug?
@ 2004-08-20 14:49 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2004-08-20 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

I'm very sorry - maybe i'm blind today - but I can't see any change.
What does "headcommand=\llap" actually mean?
I tried with various parameter, but again no effect.

Could you give a small example please?

Steffen

> >>can you make me a small demo file?
> >>
> >>Hans
> >>

> >Yes, sure.
> >I just made a frame around the footnote number so you'll can clearly see the gap:
> >
> >\def\myFNnumber#1{\inframed[width=\leftmarginwidth,offset=.0em,frame=on,align=left]{#1}}
> >\setupfootnotedefinition[command=\myFNnumber,location=inleft]
> >\setuppagenumbering [alternative=doublesided,location={header,right}]
> >\showframe \showgrid
> >
> >\starttext
> >test\footnote{first note}
> >\page testest\footnote{second note}
> >\stoptext
> >

> this is not so much a bug but a missing feature -)
>
> in cont-new.tex, add:
>
> \startconstants            dutch                     english
>                            german                    czech
>                            italian                   romanian
>
>               kopcommando: kopcommando               headcommand
>                            headcommand               headcommand
>                            headcommand               headcommand
>
> \stopconstants
>
> \unprotect
> \setvalue{@@definitie\v!commando}#1{\do@@definitie{\executeifdefined{\??dd#1\c!kopcommando}\framed}{#1}}
> \protect
>
> Now you can say:
>
> \setupfootnotedefinition[location=command,headcommand=\llap]
>
> and go wild with putting footnote markers anywhere
>
> Hans

* Re: a footnote bug?
@ 2004-08-20  9:40 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-08-20  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

>Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>

>>Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>when setting the \setupfootnotedefinition
>>>with location=margin, or location=inleft
>>>there is always a little distance between footnote number and footnote text.
>>>Neither width nor distance can affect it.
>>>
>>>Does this distance cannot be adjusted?
>>>

>>can you make me a small demo file?
>>
>>Hans
>>

>Yes, sure.
>I just made a frame around the footnote number so you'll can clearly see the gap:
>
>\def\myFNnumber#1{\inframed[width=\leftmarginwidth,offset=.0em,frame=on,align=left]{#1}}
>\setupfootnotedefinition[command=\myFNnumber,location=inleft]
>\setuppagenumbering [alternative=doublesided,location={header,right}]
>\showframe \showgrid
>
>\starttext
>test\footnote{first note}
>\page testest\footnote{second note}
>\stoptext

this is not so much a bug but a missing feature -)

in cont-new.tex, add:

\startconstants            dutch                     english
                           german                    czech
                           italian                   romanian

              kopcommando: kopcommando               headcommand
                           headcommand               headcommand
                           headcommand               headcommand

\stopconstants

\unprotect
\setvalue{@@definitie\v!commando}#1{\do@@definitie{\executeifdefined{\??dd#1\c!kopcommando}\framed}{#1}}
\protect

Now you can say:

\setupfootnotedefinition[location=command,headcommand=\llap]

and go wild with putting footnote markers anywhere

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: a footnote bug?
@ 2004-08-18 20:01 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2004-08-18 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2004-08-18 15:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-08-18 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

>Hi,
>
>when setting the \setupfootnotedefinition
>with location=margin, or location=inleft
>there is always a little distance between footnote number and footnote text.
>Neither width nor distance can affect it.
>
>Does this distance cannot be adjusted?

can you make me a small demo file?

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE