Le 10. 10. 16 à 09:24, Hans Hagen a écrit : > What context installation do you use? The reference is the one on the > context garden. Each year tex lives has a snapshot of that one. So, > first make sure you run the latest version. I am using version 2016.05.17 19:20. I saw that context live is using version 2016.05.19 13:43, so I have fast the latest version. > Concerning old manuals: they often refer to mkii but with mkiv we have > different (often better) solutions. The examplap code and examples are > mkii and also relate to pdf trickery and as pdf evolved it became more > clear what was bound to acrobat i.e. not picked up (ignored) by open > source alternatives and therefore less relevant. Ok, I didn't know that about the pdf format. Thanks for the information. > An important source are the setup-*.pdf files as these describe the > interface which is described in the interface definition files (in xml > format). These have recently be updated by Wolfgang and are very accurate. Yes, that was one of the thinks I was looking for, thanks ! > You mentioned that keys (functionality) that disappears should be > somehow documented but normally no functionality disappears. What > happened was that mkiv has some more (because it's possible) and less > (because it was no longer needed) than mkii and has been made more > consistent. I was more thinking about commands or commands option becoming deprecated and replaced by another way of making thinks. But it is also true that I tried to make the moderncv interface work from the letter module but its interface is now gone. I didn't notice at first that the letter module is still under development which means its interfaces aren't stable. So it seems now that what I was saying doesn't really apply to ConTeXt's core. >>> The wiki has a page for examples and you’re free to update the >>> existing examples or add new ones. >> >> Do you mean http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Sample_documents ? Yes, that's >> a good idea, since I believe that it is a way to improve documentation >> with little efforts. Then I plan to add the cover letter style I made >> since I am happy with the results, although 1 or 2 things could have >> some improvement. There are also some letter styles there, then I will >> have a look on them too. I don't know if people are intimidated about >> writing contents in the wiki because it is the official wiki and feel >> that only programmers are supposed to update it, but it will be really >> helpfull if the users have more the habit of posting there the document >> styles they made. > > Indeed. My cover letter template is now maturing, since it is only the beginning I am using it, but I believe it will be ready soon to be posted in the wiki :-). >>> Sounds interesting and the best thing you can do is to start with it. >> >> Thanks for your encouragement ! Yes that looks like an interesting >> challenge for me, but it is not something I am wanting to do alone >> because of my lack of experience, at least I would need someone to coach >> me. Actually I don't have really experience with web developpment and I >> would at least need help for the technological choices. Having someone >> that tells me that if I use technology X, there are module Y and Z that >> will be a good fit is a good start. > > This will only work when someone takes the lead. If you do that you > then others will help you. If you need something special on the wiki, > just discuss it with Taco and Mojca who deal with the technicalities. OK, it is still an idea that needs maturation. I know I tend to be quickly enthusiastic about an idea and overly optimistic about my abilities to implement it which means that I eventually end giving up. So now I need some thinking about the idea, about if I am ready to invest the needed time. Maybe the task is to big for me but there could be a less time consuming solution that can be OK although not as great. Or I could still go for the original idea with being clear about what I can do and how much time I can invest to and how much help I need to complete what I couldn't reasonably do. Cheers, Jonas