* some minor Problems
@ 2009-03-04 13:32 Lutz Haseloff
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Lutz Haseloff @ 2009-03-04 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Hans, hi all,

First:
in the last 2 Betas (today and yesterday) the parameter --interface
for texexec seems not to work anymore.
my log:
>texmfstart texexec --interface=xp --autopdf --luatex         ligtest.tex
TeXExec | processing document 'ligtest.tex'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: false
TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
TeXExec | tex format: false
TeXExec | runtime: 0.86
>Exit code: 0
context --make xp builds a format cont-xp without error messages.
The format cont-en runs well with:
texmfstart texexec --autopdf --luatex         ligtest.tex

Second:
The command || like in knuth.tex seems not to work properly in mkiv.
Even with enabled liga feature it builds two hyphens.

Last:
I can't enable fontfeatures for the "Vista-Fonts" for instance Cambria.
They are simply ignored. They are OTF with TTF extensions, ist this
the reason?

Greetings Lutz

----------
Proud member of the NTG

* Re: some minor Problems
@ 2009-03-04 13:57 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-03-04 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 04.03.2009 um 14:32 schrieb Lutz Haseloff:

> Hi Hans, hi all,
>
> First:
> in the last 2 Betas (today and yesterday) the parameter --interface
> for texexec seems not to work anymore.

Use 'context --interface=xp ...'

> Second:
> The command || like in knuth.tex seems not to work properly in mkiv.
> Even with enabled liga feature it builds two hyphens.
>
> Last:
> I can't enable fontfeatures for the "Vista-Fonts" for instance
> Cambria.
> They are simply ignored. They are OTF with TTF extensions, ist this
> the reason?

Both work for me, make a example!

Wolfgang

* Re: some minor Problems
@ 2009-03-04 15:27 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-03-04 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lutz Haseloff wrote:
> Hi Hans, hi all,
>
> First:
> in the last 2 Betas (today and yesterday) the parameter --interface
> for texexec seems not to work anymore.
> my log:
>> texmfstart texexec --interface=xp --autopdf --luatex         ligtest.tex
> TeXExec | processing document 'ligtest.tex'
> TeXExec | no ctx file found
> TeXExec | tex processing method: false
> TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
> TeXExec | tex format: false
> TeXExec | runtime: 0.86
>> Exit code: 0
> context --make xp builds a format cont-xp without error messages.
> The format cont-en runs well with:
> texmfstart texexec --autopdf --luatex         ligtest.tex

best use context --interface=xp --autopdf ligtest.tex

texexec just calls context but with some limitations

> Second:
> The command || like in knuth.tex seems not to work properly in mkiv.
> Even with enabled liga feature it builds two hyphens.

hm

> Last:
> I can't enable fontfeatures for the "Vista-Fonts" for instance Cambria.
> They are simply ignored. They are OTF with TTF extensions, ist this
> the reason?

i don't know

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: some minor Problems
@ 2009-03-04 15:35 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-03-04 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lutz Haseloff wrote:

> I can't enable fontfeatures for the "Vista-Fonts" for instance Cambria.
> They are simply ignored. They are OTF with TTF extensions, ist this
> the reason?

 >mtxrun --script font --list --info cambria

lists a whole lot; but in cambria there is no dflt, dflt so you need to
be explitly latn (because there is also grek and math)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: some minor Problems
@ 2009-03-04 15:42   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-03-04 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Lutz Haseloff wrote:
>
>> I can't enable fontfeatures for the "Vista-Fonts" for instance Cambria.
>> They are simply ignored. They are OTF with TTF extensions, ist this
>> the reason?
>
>>mtxrun --script font --list --info cambria
>
> lists a whole lot; but in cambria there is no dflt, dflt so you need to be
> explitly latn (because there is also grek and math)

Weird, that's all I get for Cambria (other fonts show the complete list)

Rover:base wolf$ mtxrun --script font --list --info cambria
MtxRun | fontname: cambria
MtxRun | fullname: Cambria
MtxRun | filename: /Users/wolf/Library/Fonts/CAMBRIA.TTC
MtxRun |

Wolfgang

* Re: some minor Problems
@ 2009-03-04 15:45     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-03-04 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>> Lutz Haseloff wrote:
>>
>>> I can't enable fontfeatures for the "Vista-Fonts" for instance Cambria.
>>> They are simply ignored. They are OTF with TTF extensions, ist this
>>> the reason?
>>> mtxrun --script font --list --info cambria
>> lists a whole lot; but in cambria there is no dflt, dflt so you need to be
>> explitly latn (because there is also grek and math)
>
> Weird, that's all I get for Cambria (other fonts show the complete list)
>
> Rover:base wolf$ mtxrun --script font --list --info cambria
> MtxRun | fontname: cambria
> MtxRun | fullname: Cambria
> MtxRun | filename: /Users/wolf/Library/Fonts/CAMBRIA.TTC
> MtxRun |

maybe an old cambria

 >mtxrun --script font --list --info cambria
MtxRun | fontname: cambria
MtxRun | fullname: Cambria
MtxRun | filename: C:/Windows/fonts/cambria.ttc
MtxRun |
MtxRun | feature: c2sc, script: cyrl, language: srb  dflt
MtxRun | feature: c2sc, script: grek, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: c2sc, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun | feature: calt, script: cyrl, language: srb  dflt
MtxRun | feature: calt, script: grek, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: calt, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun | feature: case, script: cyrl, language: srb  dflt
MtxRun | feature: case, script: grek, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: case, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun | feature: ccmp, script: cyrl, language: srb  dflt
MtxRun | feature: ccmp, script: grek, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: ccmp, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun | feature: dnom, script: cyrl, language: srb  dflt
MtxRun | feature: dnom, script: grek, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: dnom, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun | feature: dtls, script: math, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: flac, script: math, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: frac, script: cyrl, language: srb  dflt
MtxRun | feature: frac, script: grek, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: frac, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun | feature: kern, script: cyrl, language: srb  dflt
MtxRun | feature: kern, script: grek, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: kern, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun | feature: liga, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun | feature: lnum, script: cyrl, language: srb  dflt
MtxRun | feature: lnum, script: grek, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: lnum, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun | feature: locl, script: cyrl, language: srb  dflt
MtxRun | feature: locl, script: grek, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: locl, script: latn, language: rom
MtxRun | feature: numr, script: cyrl, language: srb  dflt
MtxRun | feature: numr, script: grek, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: numr, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun | feature: onum, script: cyrl, language: srb  dflt
MtxRun | feature: onum, script: grek, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: onum, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun | feature: ordn, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun | feature: pnum, script: cyrl, language: srb  dflt
MtxRun | feature: pnum, script: grek, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: pnum, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun | feature: salt, script: cyrl, language: srb  dflt
MtxRun | feature: salt, script: grek, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: salt, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun | feature: sinf, script: cyrl, language: srb  dflt
MtxRun | feature: sinf, script: grek, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: sinf, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun | feature: smcp, script: cyrl, language: srb  dflt
MtxRun | feature: smcp, script: grek, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: smcp, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun | feature: ssty, script: math, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: sups, script: cyrl, language: srb  dflt
MtxRun | feature: sups, script: grek, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: sups, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun | feature: tnum, script: cyrl, language: srb  dflt
MtxRun | feature: tnum, script: grek, language: dflt
MtxRun | feature: tnum, script: latn, language: rom  trk  dflt
MtxRun |

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: some minor Problems