* show bounding boxes
@ 2017-08-23  8:18 Herbert Voss
From: Herbert Voss @ 2017-08-23  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,
is it possible to get additional frames around words and
the whole line?

\definefontfeature[default][default][boundingbox=frame]

\starttext
»Tee for Two« shows negative kerning.
\input sapolsky
\stoptext

Herbert

* Re: show bounding boxes
@ 2017-08-24 13:23 ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد @ 2017-08-24 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Herbert,

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 02:18:34 -0600, Herbert Voss
<Herbert.Voss@fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hello all,
> is it possible to get additional frames around words and
> the whole line?
>

> \definefontfeature[default][default][boundingbox=frame]
>
> \starttext
> »Tee for Two« shows negative kerning.
> \input sapolsky
> \stoptext

Curious: What kind of applications are you interested in, particularly for
the framing-the-whole-line case?

I suspect want you want is doable but will take some start|stopluacode
trickery that is far beyond my pay grade.

In any case, these might be useful tracing features to add to the bag of
tricks, if they are not already there..

Best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid, Professor
Department of Philosophy

* Re: show bounding boxes
@ 2017-08-24 13:46 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-08-24 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 8/23/2017 10:18 AM, Herbert Voss wrote:
> Hello all,
> is it possible to get additional frames around words and
> the whole line?
>

> \definefontfeature[default][default][boundingbox=frame]
>
> \starttext
> »Tee for Two« shows negative kerning.
> \input sapolsky
> \stoptext
you can enable some tracers:

\starttext

\bgroup
     \showglyphs
     \showfontkerns
     \showmakeup[hbox]

     »Tee for Two« shows negative kerning.
     \input sapolsky \par
\egroup

\stoptext

(I will add a \showmakeup[line] that will mark lines.)

* Re: show bounding boxes
@ 2017-08-24 16:52   ` Herbert Voss
From: Herbert Voss @ 2017-08-24 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am 24.08.2017 um 15:23 schrieb Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد:

>> \definefontfeature[default][default][boundingbox=frame]
>>
>> \starttext
>> »Tee for Two« shows negative kerning.
>> \input sapolsky
>> \stoptext
>
> Curious: What kind of applications are you interested in, particularly
> for the framing-the-whole-line case?

for my students to show how words, lines, paragraphs, and pages
are build with boxes.

Herbert

> I suspect want you want is doable but will take some start|stopluacode
> trickery that is far beyond my pay grade.
>
> In any case, these might be useful tracing features to add to the bag of
> tricks, if they are not already there..
>
> Best wishes
> Idris

* Re: show bounding boxes
@ 2017-08-24 16:53   ` Herbert Voss
From: Herbert Voss @ 2017-08-24 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am 24.08.2017 um 15:46 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> you can enable some tracers:
>
> \starttext
>
> \bgroup
>      \showglyphs