* simple way to change value of 'x' in \tfx?
@ 2020-04-27  7:14 jbf
From: jbf @ 2020-04-27  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I have the following setup currently, involving:

\definefontfamily[mainface][rm][texgyrepagella][tf=file:texgyrepagella-regular.otf]
\setupbodyfont[mainface,11pt]
\setupbodyfontenvironment[default]  [em=italic]

\setupdelimitedtext[blockquote][style=\tfx,
before={\blank\setupinterlinespace[line=2.4ex]},after={\blank}]

My publisher thinks the default scaling of 'x' (0.8) is too small for
the blockquoted text, and asked if I could simply indicate 10pt for 'x'.

I tried by using the line:

\definebodyfontenvironment[default] [x=10pt]

but that did nothing to change things. I tried a few other possibilities
as well, e.g. just adding the x=10pt after the em=italic declaration,
but that didn't work either.

I'm sure there is a simple way to achieve what I want. Any thoughts?

Julian

* Re: simple way to change value of 'x' in \tfx?
@ 2020-04-27  7:36 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-04-27  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

jbf schrieb am 27.04.2020 um 09:14:
> I have the following setup currently, involving:
>
> \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][texgyrepagella][tf=file:texgyrepagella-regular.otf]

\definetypeface [mainface] [rm] [serif] [pagella] [default]

or see below

> \setupbodyfont[mainface,11pt]
> \setupbodyfontenvironment[default]  [em=italic]

Not necessary because Pagella has no slanted alternative and \sl uses
the italic alternative.

> \setupdelimitedtext[blockquote][style=\tfx,
> before={\blank\setupinterlinespace[line=2.4ex]},after={\blank}]
>
> My publisher thinks the default scaling of 'x' (0.8) is too small for
> the blockquoted text, and asked if I could simply indicate 10pt for 'x'.
>
> I tried by using the line:
>
> \definebodyfontenvironment[default] [x=10pt]
>
> but that did nothing to change things. I tried a few other possibilities
> as well, e.g. just adding the x=10pt after the em=italic declaration,
> but that didn't work either.

Use \switchtobodyfont.

> I'm sure there is a simple way to achieve what I want. Any thoughts?

\setupbodyfont[pagella,11pt]

\setupdelimitedtext
   [blockquote]
   [      style={\switchtobodyfont[10pt]},
         before={\setupinterlinespace[line=2.4ex]},
    spacebefore=line,
     spaceafter=line]

\starttext

\samplefile{weisman}