From: "Hamid Kamrani" <hamid.kamrani@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: How to align numerals in lists on the dot or paranthesis that follows the numeral?
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 18:55:24 -0400	[thread overview]

On 6/24/07, Hamid Kamrani <hamid.kamrani@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/24/07, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:
> > Hamid Kamrani wrote:
> > > Taco and Wolfang,
> > >
> > > Thanks both for your responses.
> > > But:
> > > 1. The setup offered by Taco does not line up the numerals on the
> > > dots. Maybe my problem was misunderstood.
> >
> > Did you miss this?
On a follow-up to previous note:
I think this is how I missed the width issue. In my testing, I had
both distance and width parameters. I may  be doing something wrong
but these two conflict.
\unprotect
\startsetups [numberitemleft]
  \hbox to \dimexpr\getitemparameter\itemlevel \c!width -
                   \getitemparameter\itemlevel \c!distance\relax
      \bgroup\hfill
\stopsetups

\startsetups [numberitemright]
  \egroup
\stopsetups
\protect

\starttext
\startitemize[n][style=bold]
\item As a college student, how do you rate yourself?
\startitemize[R,packed][left={\setups[numberitemleft]},
                        right={\setups[numberitemright]},
                        stopper={.},
                        width=3em,
                        style=\sc,