* mkiv: Bug in Right to Left numerals?
@ 2008-10-21 11:02 Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2008-10-21 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans, Taco, Idriss and the mkiv team,

Since I have been unable to use mkiv until very recently I am not
aware whether the following bug has been addressed or not (Luigi
Scarso taught me how to install and use mkiv on Mac OS, last Sunday…).

Below is a minimal file which shows that the numerals in Right-to-Left
text are reversed, while they shouldn't.
XeTeX and XeConTeXt behave correctly in this respect.

If the bug is known, pardon me for the noise…
Best regards: OK

%% begin file bug-RL-numerals.tex
\starttext

\definefontfeature
[testPersian]
[analyze=yes,
mode=node,
language=dflt,
script=arab,
aalt=yes,
init=yes,
medi=yes,
fina=yes,
isol=yes,
liga=yes,
mset=yes]

\font\FaarsiA=arabtype*testPersian at 36pt

\startbuffer[faarsi]
این متن در سال ۲۰۰۸ مسیحی نوشته شده است.

\stopbuffer
\pardir TLT
\textdir TLT
This file has been typeset on \currentdate{} at \currenttime, mkiv,
ConTeXt version \contextversion,
% LuaTeX version \luatexversion,
LuaTeX revision \luatexrevision,
(LuaTeX date stamp \luatexdatestamp).
\blank[6*big]
The number input as « 2008 » in Persian is written in the output as
« 8002 » in the following Persian text:
\blank[6*big]
\pardir TRT
\textdir TRT