Joel via ntg-context schrieb am 21.05.2023 um 15:11: > Here, I've created an example that does just that. I want the figure > to appear immediately after the bold text. Even if a lot of whitespace > is placed and the figure appears on the next page, that is fine, but I > don't want the next group of text to appear until *after* the figure. > This is really confusing my readers. > > \starttext >     \input knuth >     \input knuth > >     {\boldface This is a short note about the picture. It should > appear right after this.} >  \placefigure[here,force]{caption}{ >  \externalfigure[1.jpg][width=\textwidth] >     } Get rid of the here keyword and use only force, you can't use both at the same time and one gets ignored (depends whatever is first checked in the float mechanism). \placefigure[force]{caption}{\externalfigure[1.jpg][width=\textwidth]} Wolfgang