SirColeman via ntg-context schrieb am 12.02.2024 um 08:49: > Greetings all. I have a passion for typesetting. I found that > currently the best typesetting systems are those that are based on > TeX. Of them, there are LaTeX, and ConTeXt. > LaTeX is very well documented and popular; ConTeXt, on the other hand, > is apparently very powerful and capable, but is not as well documented. > > There are things that are spectacularly well documented, others that > only show hints, and leave it up to the user to figure things out on > their own, and others still that won't even compile on a more recent > version of ConTeXt (apparently the proper way to access a counter's > value in ConTeXt is to use \getnumber or \convertednumber, and not > \getcounter. That's just an example). This is wrong, the counter commands are official and the number variants are kept for backwards compatibility with old styles. Wolfgang