* EB Garamond works in TL2016 ConTeXt but not in latest ConTeXt
@ 2019-05-19  9:31 nyssus
From: nyssus @ 2019-05-19  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

In my source ConTeXt file I have the lines:

\usetypescriptfile[type-ebgaramond]
\setupbodyfont[ebgaramond,10pt]

ConTeXt from TL 2016 correctly formats the text in EB Garamond, as can
be shown by the prescence of

mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 2 files: ebgaramond12-regular.otf,
texgyrebonum-math.otf

whereas the latest ConTeXt gives:

fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'EBGaramond12-Regular'
is not found using lookup 'file'
fonts           > defining > unknown font 'EBGaramond12-Regular',
fonts           > defining > unable to define 'EBGaramond12-Regular' as
'ebgaramond-10pt-rm-tf-0--0'

and typesets the text with TeX Gyre Bonum Math. I have the EBGaramond
fonts installed, set the OSFONTDIR path in setuptex, etc. What exactly
is wrong here?

* Re: EB Garamond works in TL2016 ConTeXt but not in latest ConTeXt
@ 2019-05-19  9:46 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-05-19  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

nyssus schrieb am 19.05.2019 um 11:31:
> In my source ConTeXt file I have the lines:
>
> \usetypescriptfile[type-ebgaramond]
> \setupbodyfont[ebgaramond,10pt]
>

> ConTeXt from TL 2016 correctly formats the text in EB Garamond, as can
> be shown by the prescence of
>
> mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 2 files: ebgaramond12-regular.otf,
> texgyrebonum-math.otf
>
> whereas the latest ConTeXt gives:
>
> fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'EBGaramond12-Regular'
> is not found using lookup 'file'
> fonts           > defining > unknown font 'EBGaramond12-Regular',
> fonts           > defining > unable to define 'EBGaramond12-Regular' as
> 'ebgaramond-10pt-rm-tf-0--0'
>
> and typesets the text with TeX Gyre Bonum Math. I have the EBGaramond
> fonts installed, set the OSFONTDIR path in setuptex, etc. What exactly
> is wrong here?
There is a newer version of the fonts (from October 2017) which uses
different files names than the older version (from 2014) but the
predefined typescripts work only with the older names.

Instead of using the existing typescripts you can use the
\definefontfamily command to access the font.

\definefontfamily [ebgaramond] [serif] [EB Garamond]
\definefontfamily [ebgaramond] [math]  [TeX Gyre Bonum Math]

\setupbodyfont [ebgaramond,10pt]

\starttext
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: EB Garamond works in TL2016 ConTeXt but not in latest ConTeXt
@ 2019-05-19 10:22   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-05-19 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/19/2019 11:46 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> nyssus schrieb am 19.05.2019 um 11:31:
>> In my source ConTeXt file I have the lines:
>>
>> \usetypescriptfile[type-ebgaramond]
>> \setupbodyfont[ebgaramond,10pt]
>>

>> ConTeXt from TL 2016 correctly formats the text in EB Garamond, as can
>> be shown by the prescence of
>>
>> mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 2 files: ebgaramond12-regular.otf,
>> texgyrebonum-math.otf
>>
>> whereas the latest ConTeXt gives:
>>
>> fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'EBGaramond12-Regular'
>> is not found using lookup 'file'
>> fonts           > defining > unknown font 'EBGaramond12-Regular',
>> fonts           > defining > unable to define 'EBGaramond12-Regular' as
>> 'ebgaramond-10pt-rm-tf-0--0'
>>
>> and typesets the text with TeX Gyre Bonum Math. I have the EBGaramond
>> fonts installed, set the OSFONTDIR path in setuptex, etc. What exactly
>> is wrong here?
> There is a newer version of the fonts (from October 2017) which uses
> different files names than the older version (from 2014) but the
> predefined typescripts work only with the older names.

the names are mapped in a goodie file .. where did you find the new fonts?

@ 2019-05-19 10:28     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-05-19 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen schrieb am 19.05.2019 um 12:22:
> On 5/19/2019 11:46 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> nyssus schrieb am 19.05.2019 um 11:31:
>>> In my source ConTeXt file I have the lines:
>>>
>>> \usetypescriptfile[type-ebgaramond]
>>> \setupbodyfont[ebgaramond,10pt]
>>>

>>> ConTeXt from TL 2016 correctly formats the text in EB Garamond, as can
>>> be shown by the prescence of
>>>
>>> mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 2 files: ebgaramond12-regular.otf,
>>> texgyrebonum-math.otf
>>>
>>> whereas the latest ConTeXt gives:
>>>
>>> fonts           > defining > font with asked name
>>> 'EBGaramond12-Regular'
>>> is not found using lookup 'file'
>>> fonts           > defining > unknown font 'EBGaramond12-Regular',
>>> fonts           > defining > unable to define 'EBGaramond12-Regular' as
>>> 'ebgaramond-10pt-rm-tf-0--0'
>>>
>>> and typesets the text with TeX Gyre Bonum Math. I have the EBGaramond
>>> fonts installed, set the OSFONTDIR path in setuptex, etc. What exactly
>>> is wrong here?
>> There is a newer version of the fonts (from October 2017) which uses
>> different files names than the older version (from 2014) but the
>> predefined typescripts work only with the older names.
>
> the names are mapped in a goodie file .. where did you find the new
> fonts?
https://github.com/octaviopardo/EBGaramond12/tree/master/fonts/

About the newer version:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EB_Garamond#Implementation_History