* background problem with layers
@ 2019-07-22 11:32 Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2019-07-22 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a problem with a not printed color background when using layers.
Small test file is attached.

ConTeXt version: 2019.07.16 18:23

Peter

[-- Attachment #2: test.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #3: test.tex --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 542 bytes --]

\defineframed[framedclass][
	foregroundcolor=black,	foregroundstyle=\bfa,
	backgroundcolor=darkgray, background=color,
	backgroundoffset=1mm,
	backgroundcorner=round, backgroundradius=1mm,
	frame=on, framecolor=black,
]

\definelayer[foo][width=\the\paperwidth, height=\the\paperheight, state=repeat]
\setlayer[foo][x=70mm, y=40mm]
	{\framedclass{no style here}}

\setupbackgrounds[paper][background={foo}]

\starttext
\framedclass{works fine}
\setlayer[foo][x=40mm, y=70mm]
	{\framedclass{no background here}}
\stoptext

* Re: background problem with layers
@ 2019-07-22 17:00 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-07-22 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf schrieb am 22.07.2019 um 13:32:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with a not printed color background when using layers.
> Small test file is attached.
Below is a simpler example of your problem.

The frame disappears when you repeat the layer which change how the content
if flushed, in the example below you can test it by changing \box\scratchbox
to \copy\scratchbox.

\starttext

\setbox\scratchbox\hbox{\frule width 6cm height 4cm \relax}

\dontleavehmode
\box\scratchbox % works
%\copy\scratchbox % fails

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: background problem with layers
@ 2019-07-23  7:29   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2019-07-23  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Peter Rolf schrieb am 22.07.2019 um 13:32:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem with a not printed color background when using layers.
>> Small test file is attached.
> Below is a simpler example of your problem.
>
> The frame disappears when you repeat the layer which change how the content
> if flushed, in the example below you can test it by changing
> \box\scratchbox
> to \copy\scratchbox.
>
> \starttext
>
> \setbox\scratchbox\hbox{\frule width 6cm height 4cm \relax}
>
> \dontleavehmode
> \box\scratchbox % works
> %\copy\scratchbox % fails
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

I see. Thanks for the info. I have to adapt my code then.

Peter

* Re: background problem with layers
@ 2019-07-23 14:51   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2019-07-23 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 22 Jul 2019, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Peter Rolf schrieb am 22.07.2019 um 13:32:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem with a not printed color background when using layers.
>> Small test file is attached.
> Below is a simpler example of your problem.
>
> The frame disappears when you repeat the layer which change how the content
> if flushed, in the example below you can test it by changing \box\scratchbox
> to \copy\scratchbox.
>
> \starttext
>
> \setbox\scratchbox\hbox{\frule width 6cm height 4cm \relax}
>
> \dontleavehmode
> \box\scratchbox % works
> %\copy\scratchbox % fails
>
> \stoptext

Is this a bug or is this a documented limitation of \copy and \frule?

Aditya

* Re: background problem with layers
@ 2019-07-23 16:04     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-07-23 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7/23/2019 4:51 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jul 2019, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> Peter Rolf schrieb am 22.07.2019 um 13:32:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a problem with a not printed color background when using layers.
>>> Small test file is attached.
>> Below is a simpler example of your problem.
>>
>> The frame disappears when you repeat the layer which change how the
>> content
>> if flushed, in the example below you can test it by changing
>> \box\scratchbox
>> to \copy\scratchbox.
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \setbox\scratchbox\hbox{\frule width 6cm height 4cm \relax}
>>
>> \dontleavehmode
>> \box\scratchbox % works
>> %\copy\scratchbox % fails
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> Is this a bug or is this a documented limitation of \copy and \frule?
Of course it's a bug ... I'll send you a preliminary one word fix -)

Hans