On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid wrote: > Hi, Burak, > Hi Idris, > > > On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 14:09:14 -0600, Burak Emir > wrote: > > Hi again, >> >> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid > > >> wrote: >> >> >> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Aleph_Guide >>> >>> was once the main guide. Aleph was a merge of etex and Omega, succeeded >>> by >>> luatex. You can still use the old Omega way of doing things in luatex -- >>> as >>> explained in that guide, but it's better to use the new mechanism and >>> opentype fonts. >>> >>> >> My luatex is not working for the moment, I am using the context minimals >> distribution on MacOS X. >> >> Would the old Omega way documented on that page also work with the xetex >> engine? >> > > No, XeTeX does not support Omega/Aleph commands. If you find an aleph > binary for Mac I guess you could try that, but don't give up on luaTeX just > yet, I'm sure someone on the list will figure out what's wrong.... > I did not have the intention of giving up : ) Mojca suggested I try to source in setuptex, I will try that next then. I was just waiting if somebody might reply to Jean. Let me ask another question then: once luatex works, how can I make use of the ttf font? I suppose it is not as simple as copying it in the fonts/truetype directory and running mktexlsr? I had a glance at the mfonts.pdf manual, and I already installed FontForge aka pfaedit, but I do not know yet how it all plays together. Thanks, Burak -- Burak Emir -- http://burak.emir.googlepages.com